$600 OBC Question for those just sailed

LynnTH

Was reading on a Facebook Carnival Group forum- and someone said that the $600 OBC (that was received from a previously cancelled cruise)  was split between the 1st and 2nd person on the cruise.  She said she had spent like $500 on her card and because it was over the $300 from her OBC that she was then charged the extra $200 on her Credit Card instead of using the other OBC on her husbands card.  

Is that right?  There is 4 of us in the room (Me, Husband and 2 Adult Kids).  I want them to be able to use the OBC also for drinks and other purchases.  Would be a mess if we had to keep track on my husbands and my cards.

Just want to see if anyone else had this issue or not on the cruises that just went out.  So, I know how to prepare for my upcoming August 7th cruise.  Thanks.

Make sure the accounts are linked. Go to customer service. This shouldn't be a difficult problem. Obc can always be moved around with permission of both involved parties. Sounds like someone making a mountain out of a mole hill.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Make sure the accounts are linked. Go to customer service. This shouldn't be a difficult problem. Obc can always be moved around with permission of both involved parties. Sounds like someone making a mountain out of a mole hill.

She did say the accounts were linked and had the same CC on file.  Hoping she was mistaken on this.  Our accounts are always linked and just figured anyone in the room could use the OBC as before.  

Edited by LynnTH
Add on

Accounts may have been linked but apparently each person must spend their share of the OBC on their card or else both go transfer their unused OBC to the other persons card. Folio can be tracked with minimum effort and it shouldn't be a problem spending the OBC.

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

Accounts may have been linked but apparently each person must spend their share of the OBC on their card or else both go transfer their unused OBC to the other persons card. Folio can be tracked with minimum effort and it shouldn't be a problem spending the OBC.

Ok. Sounds like we may just have to go to guest services.  Can we transfer OBC so that anyone in the room can use it?

3 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Ok. Sounds like we may just have to go to guest services.  Can we transfer OBC so that anyone in the room can use it?

Don't know. Just make sure it is used up and moved, if necessary, so that you don't leave money on the table. Someone complained because $14 was unused, even though one was way over, one didn't use up their share. 

You don't want to get stuck in G.S. line on last day. 

1 minute ago, mondello said:

Don't know. Just make sure it is used up and moved, if necessary, so that you don't leave money on the table. Someone complained because $14 was unused, even though one was way over, one didn't use up their share. 

You don't want to get stuck in G.S. line on last day. 

Yeah.  Just hoping we will all have access to the OBC. I don't drink much and will get the Soda Plan.  My husband and son will be the ones drinking - but want the $ to come off the OBC not the Credit Card because the OBC is assigned to me and my husband.  Would be a pain if I had to buy with my card all the time for my son as I will not always be with him.  

6 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Yeah.  Just hoping we will all have access to the OBC. I don't drink much and will get the Soda Plan.  My husband and son will be the ones drinking - but want the $ to come off the OBC not the Credit Card because the OBC is assigned to me and my husband.  Would be a pain if I had to buy with my card all the time for my son as I will not always be with him.  

The only point to consider is that all OBC is used. IF necessary, you may have to go move it to the others cards.

4 minutes ago, mondello said:

The only point to consider is that all OBC is used. IF necessary, you may have to go move it to the others cards.

I can do that.  The lady on the forum made it sound like it couldn't be moved.  Figured others may have had different experiences.  

2 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

I can do that.  The lady on the forum made it sound like it couldn't be moved.  Figured others may have had different experiences.  

Sounds like they put some restrictions on it hoping to save themselves a little cash. I could live with it if I wasted $14 unused, but its the principle of it. I know I won't have trouble spending it.