Guaranteed Cabin!

zukecruiser

8 minutes ago, zukecruiser said:

Have a cruise booked next June out of London with a guaranteed PV1 cabin or better.  First time on Viking Ocean and wondering if anyone has had any experience with a guaranteed room.  Any comments are appreciated.

We are doing a guarantee cabin for a December 22 Rome to Istanbul cruise (hopefully!)

In June our My Viking Journey page showed a cabin assignment. It was a four category upgrade. Sweet. We now just need for the cruise to be a go!

We booked a guaranteed PV1 for a cruise next January because that’s all that was available. When I checked My Viking Journey in June (a few months after booking), I saw they had assigned us a cabin already. (No upgrade.) 

2 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

We booked a guaranteed PV1 for a cruise next January because that’s all that was available. When I checked My Viking Journey in June (a few months after booking), I saw they had assigned us a cabin already. (No upgrade.) 

It’s all based on demand and availability. The upgrade may NOT be a good sign or it just means the category we paid for was in demand! After two cancellations, I really hope this cruise is a go!

Just now, rbslos18 said:

It’s all based on demand and availability. The upgrade may NOT be a good sign or it just means the category we paid for was in demand! After two cancellations, I really hope this cruise is a go!

Four categories is pretty fabulous! Congrats!

We booked a V2 Guarantee for the first leg for the world cruise in 2022-23. Since we are just on 17 nights, I assume it's easier to put that leg on guarantee until all the assignments are figured out for the big trip. 

Just now, angelhelly said:

We booked a V2 Guarantee for the first leg for the world cruise in 2022-23. Since we are just on 17 nights, I assume it's easier to put that leg on guarantee until all the assignments are figured out for the big trip. 

We had to book guarantee for the first leg of the 2021-22 cruise, also.  I don’t expect to see a room assignment any time soon.

We booked V2 Guarantee ... lowest cabin category Guarantee for 2022 World Cruise leaving LA in January.    Just checked My Viking.  We have been already assigned a DV4 cabin with 6 months before departure.      Praying it is a go.    

Edited by ptcflyer
  • Like 5