Do I still need to buy Trip Cancellation insurance if the Bahamas Govt cover quarantine cost and Air Canada has 1 free change

gam888

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas this July. We have to apply for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa. I believe the cost is $40 U.S. per person. Not sure if we are understanding this correctly. But does it mean that we are getting insurance from them, and if we happen to test positive during the cruise and have to be quarantined, they will pay for the cost?

We have also booked the flight with Royal Caribbean choice air flying with Air Canada. I believe Air Canada has a complimentary no fee one time change policy, if we need to change our return flight home. We are having difficulties finding a travel insurance company that will sell Trip Cancellation and Interruption policy for cruisers if the claim is Covid related. So should I presume: If we test positive during the cruise and have to change our flight home and be quarantined,  (1) We can change the return date with Air Canada for free once. (2) The Bahamas government will pay for our quarantine expenses covered when we apply for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa? We are both fully vaccinated, but you never know. We are trying to understand all these new protocols and requirements, and have a peace of mind that we have all the proper paper work and insurance coverage for whatever might happen.

All Canadians are in the same situation at the moment because of this stupid rules by Canadian health department.

I have one cruise planned also this October and I contacted several insurance company and no one can sell me a policy that would cover  a 14 days quarantine in Florida. If the rules doesn't change I may have to cancel my upcoming cruise because we're talking of possiblity several thousands dollars additional if we would have to stay an additional 2 weeks after our cruise.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:20 PM, gam888 said:

So should I presume: If we test positive during the cruise and have to change our flight home and be quarantined,  (1) We can change the return date with Air Canada for free once. (2) The Bahamas government will pay for our quarantine expenses covered when we apply for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa? 

Your air ticket should read re refund or change fee in the terms and conditions when you purchased it. The Bahama Travel Health Visa reads that part of the $40 fee include insurance with North American Covid travel insurance....never heard of it. Maybe someone else has info. I don’t know why the Bahamian govt would cover you while on a cruise to other countries, but maybe it’s their way of offering health insurance to people?? Marketing? Or is it because the ship, if needed to return to port, would return to port they embarked from vs wherever you become positive at?

Wish I could be more help.

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 6:20 PM, gam888 said:

We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas this July. We have to apply for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa. I believe the cost is $40 U.S. per person. Not sure if we are understanding this correctly. But does it mean that we are getting insurance from them, and if we happen to test positive during the cruise and have to be quarantined, they will pay for the cost?

We have also booked the flight with Royal Caribbean choice air flying with Air Canada. I believe Air Canada has a complimentary no fee one time change policy, if we need to change our return flight home. We are having difficulties finding a travel insurance company that will sell Trip Cancellation and Interruption policy for cruisers if the claim is Covid related. So should I presume: If we test positive during the cruise and have to change our flight home and be quarantined,  (1) We can change the return date with Air Canada for free once. (2) The Bahamas government will pay for our quarantine expenses covered when we apply for the Bahamas Travel Health Visa? We are both fully vaccinated, but you never know. We are trying to understand all these new protocols and requirements, and have a peace of mind that we have all the proper paper work and insurance coverage for whatever might happen.

Did you go on your cruise?  Can you let us know how it was and what you experienced? 

• Like 1