Need help from those taking the first Alaska cruise this season

Mary Ann 2

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Also from the first sailing. I had TSA pre check and arrived at the airport I think a little before 10 am. There were long security lines but I clicked TSA pre check at 6 minutes. 

And then you came up and we all had a wonderful disembarkation day in the Alaska Lounge.  😁

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

LOL We surely did!  That lounge in the N terminal did not disappoint.

Honestly, I felt as though I was still on the cruise.  Even the flight home was very pleasant and our neighbor was at the airport ready to pick us up.  

• 1 month later...

I think most of you following along in this thread's discussion last month saw my post on the Live August 15 thread about what happened.  Passenger Services advised us not to take the shuttle, but to take a taxi and walk off in the first group to be able to make our 10:11am flight, which we did.  They refunded our transfers BTW.  They also contacted EZ Air and told them to offer us another flight, which they did but the cost was too high to consider it.

This is what I reported about the day of disembarkation:

"I just wanted to let you know that if you plan to take a taxi from the cruise port to the airport, be sure that you ask what it will cost.  I asked for a flat rate taxi coming from the airport, but we were in such a hurry to get to the airport due a very early flight, that I failed to ask on the way ay the port the price.  We were charged $124.80 which is outrageous.  He claimed that it was posted at the port , but we never saw it.  I am calling tomorrow when they are open to complain to the taxi  company at the number posted on the taxi if you think you were overcharged.  We couldn't see the meter and had no idea that it would be that much.  So heed our warning.  Ask for a flat rate taxi or ask what the current rate is.  We did get to the airport quickly and were dropped off at the door and were at the gate at 8pm (walked off at 7), but the plane was two hours late, so we didn't need to rush so."  (BTW, I filed a grievance with the taxi board in Seattle and have a case number. Be sure to write your taxi number down which I did!)

I had talked to Princess two times before we left about this flight we got on EZ Air which I didn't realize until after final payment was too early because I trusted EZ Air.  The second time I called, I was on the phone over two hours and was passed to second tier, Guest Relations.  She asked that I let her know what the outcome was when I returned home and gave me her direct number.  She was on the phone when I called after the cruise, so I left a message.  She called me back several days later and was very apologetic and said she would work to get me a $125 check to pay for the expense!!  I was shocked though very happy.  When I offered that an onboard credit would be fine, she said she could do that right now.  So she did.  She also said that she would communicate with EZ Air and try to get the standards fixed.

I want to give Princess kudos for making this "right!"  I was already loyal to Princess, but this made me feel much better about the whole situation and more positive about dealing with EZ Air again in the future.