Has any Canadian actually gone on a cruise recently?

MStarzky

As the title suggests, I'm curious to know if fully vaccinated Canadians need travel insurance. I have a friend going in august so I'll get some clarity then. I'm wondering if fully vaccinated people on msc need a covid test before departure. I'm traveling to florida in august and I plan to stay in florida for a while because of work. So I'll be taking the cruise then flying back home.

Hi MStarzky, we are also in Gtown.  We have a cruise booked on Royal out of Bahamas.  Best to check on the MSC website to determine their requirements.  Things are constantly changing and depending on when your cruise is and when you enter the US, you could possibly use the same test for both if required.  Happy cruising and let us know how you make out when you return.

6 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Hi MStarzky, we are also in Gtown.  We have a cruise booked on Royal out of Bahamas.  Best to check on the MSC website to determine their requirements.  Things are constantly changing and depending on when your cruise is and when you enter the US, you could possibly use the same test for both if required.  Happy cruising and let us know how you make out when you return.

yeah the website says that un-vaccinated guests need the covid insurance that msc provides, it doesnt specifically say anything about fully vaccinated people, they do recommend insurance. Someone on another thread said its recommended but not needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking to see if anyone has responded to this question.  We are booked on the Adventure out of Nassau on Sept 4th.  I have spoken to a couple of American friends about their experience but haven't heard anything from any Canadians.

23 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Still looking to see if anyone has responded to this question.  We are booked on the Adventure out of Nassau on Sept 4th.  I have spoken to a couple of American friends about their experience but haven't heard anything from any Canadians.

On YouTube you can search for Don's Family Vacations.  He is a Canadian currently travelling on the Edge out of Fort Lauderdale.  He will be updating us on the whole experience.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Don's has same-dose vaccine. Not mixed.

We have the same-does vaccines and expected to be sailing in August with RCCL.  We are being told we are considered unvaccinated because our 2nd dose was administered 45 days after the 1st one.

Just now, Russ Lomas said:

We have the same-does vaccines and expected to be sailing in August with RCCL.  We are being told we are considered unvaccinated because our 2nd dose was administered 45 days after the 1st one.

I read that applied to mixed vaccines. Someone posted a tweet of asking Royal.

1 minute ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

I read that applied to mixed vaccines. Someone posted a tweet of asking Royal.

I have seen that same reply that it applied to mixed vaccines only as well.  In fact I have 3 different screenshots from 3 different people working from RCCL saying just that.

But from personal experience, I can tell you that is absolutely NOT what RCCL is saying.  They are currently saying that is applies to everyone, no matter where you are from and what vaccines you had, both the same or mixed.  If you are over 42 days, they consider you unvaccinated.

13 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I have seen that same reply that it applied to mixed vaccines only as well.  In fact I have 3 different screenshots from 3 different people working from RCCL saying just that.

But from personal experience, I can tell you that is absolutely NOT what RCCL is saying.  They are currently saying that is applies to everyone, no matter where you are from and what vaccines you had, both the same or mixed.  If you are over 42 days, they consider you unvaccinated.

Hopefully they aren’t using that timeline for Astra Zeneca as it is recommended from 4-12 weeks by the WHO. And it also makes you wonder if they are actually going to count the days between doses for everyone. I mean, I’m sure there are a lot of Americans who didn’t do it within the timeline as well. There were many who were holding off on the second dose as they didn’t think they needed it and they didn’t want the side effects. 

• Like 1