Canadians! NCL does not accept mixed doses of vaccines

Hadacareer

33 minutes ago, adhncruisers said:

Apparently those 'exemptions' come with all kinds of conditions and additional expenses. You are required to submit to regular testing at your own expense ($150 USD per person per test), cruise line only shore excursions, mask wearing in all public areas, on some lines even segregated at dining venues and restricted from some common areas on the ship. There's also a requirement for additional insurance to cover you in the event you fall ill (even if you have coverage through a personal insurance plan).

I believe this is wildly inaccurate. This is the policy for RCL only. We don’t know the policy for ncl yet (if this is ncls policy, please link and accept my apology). Each cruise line is handling the exceptions differently.

on a good note, Covid has been found onboard 2 celebrity ships in the past week with no disruption to the general population. 

With the cdc announcement about reinstating mask wearing things are in a constant state of flux. I believe it won’t be long before mask wearing is required for everyone onboard regardless of vaccination status.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:00 AM, ziggyuk said:

Also a problem for a lot of people that they also will not accept AstraZeneca for passengers embarking or disembarking at US ports as AstraZeneca is not FDA approved.

Double  AZ Oxford is accepted but not AZ Covishield (India)

“For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted. Including, J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford. Mixed vaccination protocol will not be accepted (i.e. Pfizer + Moderna or AstraZeneca + Pfizer, etc).”

I apologize if this has already been covered but I am not going to read 7 pages of posts

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Robjame said:

“For ships embarking or disembarking at US ports, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol will be accepted. Including, J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford. Mixed vaccination protocol will not be accepted (i.e. Pfizer + Moderna or AstraZeneca + Pfizer, etc).”

I apologize if this has already been covered but I am not going to read 7 pages of posts

Correct but at the time of posting it was not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

We just spoke to an NCL agent again and clarified the mixed vaccine protocol for ships leaving or disembarking a US port up until the 31st of October 2021.  I had a Pfizer / Moderna mix therefore  not able to board the ship in Rome under the present rules simply because we disembark in New York.  Unless new regulations are put in place before final payment we will definitely cancel in September. I hope NCL look at this mixed vaccine issue sooner than that. The lady we spoke with was very polite and understanding, she said that a number of Canadians have called in the last few days concerned about the mixed vaccine issues and they are having to cancel as they are not able to sail in or out of US ports as the rules are at present. 

Agent/Agent: COVID-19 Non-rep VV
Product Name/Nom du produit: ASTRAZENECA COVID-19
VACCINE
Diluent Product: Not Applicable / Ne s’applique pas
Lot/Lot: MT0055
Dosage/Dosage: 0.5 ml

Our Covid vaccine confirmation doc doesn't distinguish India from Oxford 

16 minutes ago, phoenix_joy said:

Agent/Agent: COVID-19 Non-rep VV
Product Name/Nom du produit: ASTRAZENECA COVID-19
VACCINE
Diluent Product: Not Applicable / Ne s’applique pas
Lot/Lot: MT0055
Dosage/Dosage: 0.5 ml

Our Covid vaccine confirmation doc doesn't distinguish India from Oxford 

It's identified by the Lot/Batch#

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/astrazeneca-vaccine-batch-numbers-indian-made-batches-covid-jab-check-travel-1102934

Edited by ziggyuk

5 minutes ago, redlock said:

Forgive me if I have overlooked this but has NCL mentioned the Indian batches??

I can't see any evidence they will not allow the Indian batches from the wording on their site. The poster in #152 claims that AZ Covishield (India) is not accepted but I see no evidence to support that.

I really can't be bothered to find out as we are all double Pfizer in our household, those who have had AZ Covishield should do their own research.

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I can't see any evidence they will not allow the Indian batches from the wording on their site. The poster in #152 claims that AZ Covishield (India) is not accepted but I see no evidence to support that.

I really can't be bothered to find out as we are all double Pfizer in our household, those who have had AZ Covishield should do their own research.

Totally agree with you, Ziggy.

39 minutes ago, redlock said:

Forgive me if I have overlooked this but has NCL mentioned the Indian batches??

They simply say no mixed types of vaccine. AZ + Moderna or Pfizer. Or Pfizer + Moderna. It is a bit of a mess.  CTV news showed a couple from Chiliwack BC, the husbands time between shots exceeded 48 days and this alone has presented a problem for him.  No doubt most of us waited more than 48 days. 

Posts on news that Scotland and England are allowing Canadian visitors IF you have covid test before leaving Canada AND observing an 8 day quarantine upon arrival.  Guess you can't go there either:(

Edited by ALD18
typo

1 minute ago, ALD18 said:

Posts on news that most, if not all, UK is allowing Canadian visitors IF you have covid test before leaving Canada AND observing an 8 day quarantine upon arrival.  Guess you can't go there either:(

Nope not going there then..curious why they opened to the US but not Canada

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

Nope not going there then..curious why they opened to the US but not Canada

It's all about money. US tourists spend 30% more than any other tourists in the UK. 

Plus the government is hoping that if we open up to the US then they will return the favour. They are going with the special relationship that the UK and US had 

1 hour ago, Yinster said:

It's all about money. US tourists spend 30% more than any other tourists in the UK. 

Plus the government is hoping that if we open up to the US then they will return the favour. They are going with the special relationship that the UK and US had 

Agreed It's about economics but I still don't understand why Canada was not included, after all our relationship is closer with Queen Elizabeth II being the queen of Canada and head of state.

Additionally Canadas fully vaccinated population is higher than the US, it really makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Agreed It's about economics but I still don't understand why Canada was not included, after all our relationship is closer with Queen Elizabeth II being the queen of Canada and head of state.

Additionally Canadas fully vaccinated population is higher than the US, it really makes no sense at all.

Very true, and our rates of vaccinations are supposedly higher and covid cases lower than the US...they better have this changed before our two week group trip in  sep 2022 or we will be cancelling for sure

• Like 1

i think it boils down, AGAIN, to how the federal government deployed the vaccines when we finally got them.  If they had given them in the proper time frame and sequence as recommended by pretty much everyone in the world the current situation may have been different.  Some studies are showing stronger efficacy to the virus when mixed vaccine types are mixed, some are not.  But in each case it is still to early to say those results are completely accurate.  The agencies doing the testing are just now getting the results because of the time it takes to do the testing accurately.  Couple that with the results then have to be authorized by the CDC/WHO it continues to drag on, unfortunately to our dismay.  IF when the vaccines had been acquired and administered in the fashion in which the CDC/WHO/manufacturers had recommended we would not be having this conversation.  Don't mix the brands, do it 4-5 weeks apart, and be careful with the Astra Zenica CDC results and boom, no problems.  We are now being directly affected by what we can do and where we go because the deployment was botched.  The rest of the world pretty much did it right, but are now challenging our overall deployment and saying it was wrong.  And it was.  We live with it until those with the mixed does can get the second Pfiser or Moderna shot to give them the proper vaccination records.  It will hopefully sort itself out quickly, but my gut feeling is our situation will be in limbo until the fall or early winter at the earliest until our vaccination program adheres to everyone else's globally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

Very true, and our rates of vaccinations are supposedly higher and covid cases lower than the US...they better have this changed before our two week group trip in  sep 2022 or we will be cancelling for sure

I'm sure they will, they have already said they are already reviewing other highly trusted countries and claim they have had a lot of other countries asking to be included in the next wave.

Does Canada have a digital pass? I believe this was a massive stumbling point with the US as they only have paper proof with each state setting their own standards.

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I'm sure they will, they have already said they are already reviewing other highly trusted countries and claim they have had a lot of other countries asking to be included in the next wave.

Does Canada have a digital pass? I believe this was a massive stumbling point with the US as they only have paper proof with each state setting their own standards.

No digital pass at the moment, we do get it by email and then I scanned it in, and we have a caninnub app, but not sure how’s that is accepted overall internationally..again our government is slow on the uptake as usual.

1 minute ago, Hadacareer said:

No digital pass at the moment, we do get it by email and then I scanned it in, and we have a caninnub app, but not sure how’s that is accepted overall internationally..again our government is slow on the uptake as usual.

It should not be a problem the US only has paper copies.

I hope I can also enter Canada soon, I still have an unused eTA from 2019 😂

14 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

Seriously the whole vaccine thing is a mess, the China, Russia & Indian (AZ) vaccine not being accepted in many countries. You have Pfyser/Biontech in the West but in Asia it's Fosun/Biontech & like India AZ not accepted by many. Then you have the mess of nationals being vaccinated in another country and not recognised.

The W.H.O need to set a standard the world should follow, I see no other way.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

Seriously the whole vaccine thing is a mess, the China, Russia & Indian (AZ) will not be accepted in many countries. You have Pfyser/Biontech in the West but in Asia it's Fosun/Biontech & like India AZ not accepted by many. Then you have the mess of nationals being vaccine in another country and not recognised.

The W.H.O need to set a standard the world should follow, I see no other way.

Totally agree!

• Like 1

The WHO/CDC/manufacturers have set guidelines in regards to vaccination deployment.  The Canadian government ignored those guidelines and implemented their own strategy.  Do we think if further upgraded, updated guidelines were established would the government follow them anyways?  I believe they MIGHT adhere to them in regards to a 3rd shot to those with mixed vaccines to allow travel, similar to what Quebec is doing plus we have far better access to available vaccines to do it.  Or they may snub their noses at them and say our way is right.  Their is also the looming issue of the Pfizer booster shot that will need to be addressed.  The adventure continues while we sit at home:(