10% Celebrity Members Only Bonus

bajathree

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

www.celebritycruises.com%2fcaptains-club%2fexclusive-offers%2foffer-details

I think it might have been the double point offer which excludes solo passengers as they get double points normally.

Thanks! Here’s what I found down toward the bottom of the T&C that reaffirms what the person mention at post #75. 

“Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare are eligible for Offer.”

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This is the condition which is not met.  "Offer is combinable with non-refundable fares only.".  I'm surprised the Celebrity.   Your fare is a "refundable fare" even though you are in the penalty period.   We are talking fare categories here not the fact that your fare isn't refundable as you are in the penalty.

I'm really surprised the Celebrity rep didn't understand.  But as I said you have a logical argument and it would at least be worth enlightening the higher ups of the inconsistency.   IE why don't all fares get re-classified at final payment date since the deposit is no longer refundable??

Thanks for your help on this.  I’ve spent hours this week trying to get a clear understanding from both my TA and Celebrity as to why my fare was refundable, when it wasn’t.  Got a lot of hmmm-ing and hawwww-ing, and a lot of dancing around, but no one could really answer me.  They kept saying some fares are classified as refundable and some fares are classified non-refundable, regardless of if they are refundable or not.  

They said technically, my fare is refundable.  But, when I ask them to refund it, they say they can’t because I booked outside of the penalty time limit to get a refund.  So, technically, in reality, or any other way you want to classify it, it’s non-refundable and should qualify for the 10% off.

Someone screwed up…either on Celebrity’s side or with my TA.  Not sure who.  But, no one wants to admit they’re at fault.  As I told them, it’s certainly not my fault.

Again, thanks for the help.  I’ll have a good cruise.  Just need to be very, very wary of Celebrity.  Even if they post these types of Ts and Cs in writing, they won’t necessarily adhere to their own polices and dance around them.

As mind bending and overtly money grabbing as NCL is with their “Take all Free” cruise terms are, at least they stuck to the Ts and Cs of their offers in the small print.