Uber and taxis in cruise port

lactmom4sons

As a solo cruiser i have always has a pre arranged shutlle from airport to hotel or cruise port.  

What advice do you have for using uber in baltimore? or is use of taxis better idea there?

have been with others on uber but not as solo

thanks for info

I don't have any Baltimore specific advice, but, I have Ubered in many ports as a solo.  One thing Uber lets you do is have a friend at home monitor your trip, I forget what they call it, but, they can follow along and make sure your car doesn't go astray.  You could also text someone while you are travelling, if that makes you more comfortable.

I just did a few searches and it looks like you want Uber over a taxi.  They say to stay away from public transportation.  If you take a taxi make sure it is a company you have herd of and it has a working meter.  In the past taxis have swindled riders out of high fairs.

With Uber and Lift:  Always, be sure to check the license plate and the driver description before getting into the vehicle.  If you are novice get on the phone with a friend or relative.  It give you something to do and you can share what is going on during your trip.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just took Uber last night home from the airport.  The app on your phone has a "share" link that you use with a family member/friend's email address.  They can view your progress just like you can on the app.  I opted to just let my son know I got an Uber and gave him the driver's name, model of his car, and vehicle license.