Bringing your own liquor/wine on Oceania?

jj.jones3

I have cruised on lines that allow us to bring aboard wine and/or liquor to consume in the cabin.  I have  also had menus which allow to purchase liquor by the bottle for drinking in the cabin.  Are either of these allowed on Oceania (limits?)

On the top right of this page (just under your name) you'll see a Search function. Put something like "Bring own liquor" into that and search just Oceania board and your questions will be answered.

Edited by DeanoNorthPerth
Clarity

4 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

On the top right of this page (just under your name) you'll see a Search function. Put something like "Bring own liquor" into that and search just Oceania board and your questions will be answered.

Or to save time/aggravation we could answer your question right here!  Hopefully, pinolover, flatbushflyer and several others will speak up soon. 

I'll start by saying that Oceania has a very civilized approach to carry on wine/spirits.  We typically bring 6 bottles of wine upon embarkation.  (Some bring several cases)  Depending on the part of the world we are traveling we replenish our supply with in port purchases.  Never any limit.  You may bring your bottle(s) of wine to any dining venue and pay the corkage fee.  Any remaining wine will be held in the cellars and may be called for at any other venue.  Wine and spirits may be consumed in your stateroom/suite but not in any other public areas.

Hope this helps start up the conversation.  Searching through years of posts can be tedious.  Hopefully others will post here with more answers for you.

Katie

Edited by KatieBelle
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

Or to save time/aggravation we could answer your question right here!  Hopefully, pinolover, flatbushflyer and several others will speak up soon. 

Katie

Or you could help a newbie learn how to use the site to gain maximum knowledge from all the years that CC has been going.

Spend a bit but of time using that Search function jj.jones3. There is an incredible amount of info stored over many years.

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

To answer the second part of your question, here is a site listing items you can have delivered to your stateroom.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/bonvoyagegifts/26643/Bon-Voyage-Gifts.pdf

it is worth a look as I previously found a single malt priced well under what I would pay at home. 

Yeah, I used to buy a bottle of 21 yr old at about 1/2 price of what it's available for in retail stores. Generally bottles are 2 or 3 times what they cost in the store. I think they finally figured it out. 

• Haha 1

Balvenie 21 year old Portwood aged - $349 for 26 ounce retail but they advertised it as 40 ounce. - 

$200 from Oceania and they came through with a 40 ounce bottle. Never saw it since.image.thumb.jpeg.17ef696052c28eeee97f882e395b7fb0.jpeg

Oceania suites, vista suites and owners suites all get 6 bottles of spirits included in the cruise fare. 

While the list to choose from is lengthy, I don’t think the Balvenie 21 is included!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

Oceania suites, vista suites and owners suites all get 6 bottles of spirits included in the cruise fare. 

While the list to choose from is lengthy, I don’t think the Balvenie 21 is included!

Thanks....and sorry....I was not really asking about the Balvenie....I would not think it would be included.  🙂  (But I'll be it's good!)

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

Balvenie 21 year old Portwood aged - $349 for 26 ounce retail but they advertised it as 40 ounce. - 

$200 from Oceania and they came through with a 40 ounce bottle. Never saw it since.image.thumb.jpeg.17ef696052c28eeee97f882e395b7fb0.jpeg

That would be the one, but I paid $125 US for it at least 3 or 4 times. 

7 hours ago, GrammieK said:

Oceania suites, vista suites and owners suites all get 6 bottles of spirits included...

That's all good and well, but what are folks supposed to do for the other 8 nights of a 14-day cruise?!🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So...you can consume all 6 bottles of spirits in 7 days?  I applaud your dedication. They are only for in cabin consumption and we haven’t fully consumed it all on a 14 day cruise!

Next cruise is only 10 days and that will be a big challenge!  Of course, we always welcome other passengers to help us with the chore!

k

• Like 1