Will Discovery Princess have same cabin views as other Royal Ships?

tartana

Just looking ahead at a possible Alaska Itinerary on Discovery Princess, and I see the deck plans for many cabins look the same as the other Royal Class Ships.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if the obstructions, etc....should be the same?  Thanks 

10 minutes ago, tartana said:

Just looking ahead at a possible Alaska Itinerary on Discovery Princess, and I see the deck plans for many cabins look the same as the other Royal Class Ships.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if the obstructions, etc....should be the same?  Thanks 

Would be reasonable to assume very much like the next newest.  Use Enchanted.  But should be mostly similar to Regal as well.  Is it the Obstructed and Partially Obstructed you are concerned with?

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Would be reasonable to assume very much like the next newest.  Use Enchanted.  But should be mostly similar to Regal as well.  Is it the Obstructed and Partially Obstructed you are concerned with?

Yes, I've been looking at the partially obstructed balcony and deluxe....like E407/408 and 424/425 etc... that have larger angled balconies....the deck plans make them look the same as the older ships. - thanks 

33 minutes ago, tartana said:

Yes, I've been looking at the partially obstructed balcony and deluxe....like E407/408 and 424/425 etc... that have larger angled balconies....the deck plans make them look the same as the older ships. - thanks 

Those areas are great choices.  We normally book Inside, but I would book in that area in a minute assuming a favorable upcharge.  Have not seen a good deal (I mean worth it to us) on voyages I have looked at lately, including what we have booked.  But we have cruised in a E425 before.  My only advice would be to pick the side of the ship where you are not above potential outdoor dining/entertainment area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Those areas are great choices.  We normally book Inside, but I would book in that area in a minute assuming a favorable upcharge.  Have not seen a good deal (I mean worth it to us) on voyages I have looked at lately, including what we have booked.  But we have cruised in a E425 before.  My only advice would be to pick the side of the ship where you are not above potential outdoor dining/entertainment area.

My parents have a FCC and have been considering alaska next fall, so I've been watching for them.  I'm torn between a one direction on Majestic possibly; or the 2 direction on Discovery, which will be pretty well brand new....The Discovery itinerary goes out around into the ocean more, so I'm wondering about that not being ideal for them.