Pre-Cruise Specialty Dining Reserv. payment

DavidsNana

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on it.  I was able to get the medallion app to work to make both MDR reservations and specialty restaurant reservations.  When will I have to pay for the two specialty reservations?  Will they charge my credit card now, my cruise is not until Feb 2022, or will I pay for them when boarding?  For all I know, the app may dissolve them before that time.  Thank you for your help.  I have never made specialty dining reservations prior to boarding before.

54 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on it.  I was able to get the medallion app to work to make both MDR reservations and specialty restaurant reservations.  When will I have to pay for the two specialty reservations?  Will they charge my credit card now, my cruise is not until Feb 2022, or will I pay for them when boarding?  For all I know, the app may dissolve them before that time.  Thank you for your help.  I have never made specialty dining reservations prior to boarding before.

I was just experimenting with making a Specialty Rest res earlier this afternoon as a test relative to another post here on CC.  Once I had the res done, it displayed a Payment page/screen and was looking for one of the two credit cards I had pre-loaded into MC App.  But it also recognized that we each had a dining credit as part of our booking promo, so it had noted that and the amount owing was $0.  I backed out and didn't complete the res, but all appeared to be normal.  You should have to pay when making the booking.

Steelers36, thank you for this information.  I went ahead and made the reservation so I guess I will see it on my credit card when next billing arrives.  That is OK, I don't mind.  We do not have the free specialty dining this time like we did last time we cruised.  We did not get in on that just the Princess Plus and the $150 OBC pp.  I assume that if I have to cancel (which will only be if we have to cancel the cruise for some reason) then they will just refund the amount to my credit card.  It will be one less thing that will be on our final bill on the cruise.  I know that even with the $300 OBC for the two of us, that it will get used up.  My son loves to play bingo.  Cruises are the only time he plays though but for some reason, he loves to do it on cruises!  Thanks again for this and all the help you have been to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Steelers36, thank you for this information.  I went ahead and made the reservation so I guess I will see it on my credit card when next billing arrives.  That is OK, I don't mind.  We do not have the free specialty dining this time like we did last time we cruised.  We did not get in on that just the Princess Plus and the $150 OBC pp.  I assume that if I have to cancel (which will only be if we have to cancel the cruise for some reason) then they will just refund the amount to my credit card.  It will be one less thing that will be on our final bill on the cruise.  I know that even with the $300 OBC for the two of us, that it will get used up.  My son loves to play bingo.  Cruises are the only time he plays though but for some reason, he loves to do it on cruises!  Thanks again for this and all the help you have been to me.

NP at all.  Say, I wouldn't call the $150 OBC per person "just".  It is significantly more value than a Specialty Dining cover charge!!  

We got the Specialty Dining bonus with the B.S.E. promo in January.  By the time the OBC offer came along, fares had increased such that there was no reason to switch.  

• Like 1

My question is slightly different. We have just cancelled a cruise where we had booked and pre-paid speciality restaurants for 3 nights. Will they just refund the cc I paid with automatically or do I need to ask for a refund?

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

NP at all.  Say, I wouldn't call the $150 OBC per person "just".  It is significantly more value than a Specialty Dining cover charge!!  

We got the Specialty Dining bonus with the B.S.E. promo in January.  By the time the OBC offer came along, fares had increased such that there was no reason to switch.  

Yes, I used the wrong wording on the $150 OBC.  I agree it is significant and I was and am very happy to get it.  I meant that it was the only incentive at the time that we booked.  Heck I am always happy with any extra perk.  Even though we only got the $25 loyalty credit for our 25 sailings, I was very happy with it and appreciated Princess giving it to us. I also like the Elite perks and am sorry that they got rid of the 150 free internet minutes.  They were more than sufficient for me to check my email and respond to a couple of the more important ones.  The only reason I took the Princess Plus for me and my son this time is that he is not Elite and will use the internet.  Little did I know at the time, that I wouldn't even have my 150 minutes to use and share if needed.