It's the little things...

MarkBearSF

Last night, I noticed more things that are special about Viking. It happened in the men's bathroom, of all places!

I had appreciated the cloth towels next to the sinks. (I wish Cunard did this. Holland America does) And I love the sea sounds over the speakers. (It DOES help "inspire" things and probably helps cover any untoward sounds). This time, I rushed to the bathroom and dashed into a stall. I noticed a little can for "sanitary disposal" and little bags above. OH NO, I wondered. Had I dashed into the wrong bathroom by mistake? When I tentatively emerged from the stall, I was reassured by the sight of urinals. And I thought "huh?"  And then I realized that Viking had simply made accommodations for trans men to be able to use the facilities. Thank you, Viking.

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 14

I use these even as a cisgender male, since I imagine they don’t want anything other than TP flushed, and as a bidet owner at home, I use wet wipes on the go to get as close as I can to the same “results” and don’t flush those. But for all the trans males out there who I know from talking to those I’m friends with have enough to worry about already, that is indeed one fewer thing. Good job once again, Viking. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ssaxsma said:

I use these even as a cisgender male, since I imagine they don’t want anything other than TP flushed, and as a bidet owner at home, I use wet wipes on the go to get as close as I can to the same “results” and don’t flush those. But for all the trans males out there who I know from talking to those I’m friends with have enough to worry about already, that is indeed one fewer thing. Good job once again, Viking. 

Affirmative on not flushing wet wipes, as they plug the vacuum system valves, requiring Engineers to open the deckhead and bulkhead access panels to clean out the pipes.

If you bring wet wipes, the cabin stewards will provide sanitary bags for use, as are available in the public washrooms.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hockeyump said:

So I was born and identified as a female and as i have no issues with being a female that classifies me as a cisgender?

Yes!  For comparison, you've probably heard of trans-gender.  Transgender can have several meanings, but the most common is the opposite of cisgender - someone who identifies differently from their birth sex.

• Like 1