Horizon 7/18

Mike Dante

10 hours ago, matt082600 said:

Hi Mike,

Hope you're enjoying your cruise!!  Do you have any idea how many passengers are on this sailing?

Thanks. We certainly are. We had 2775 on board which they said was 70%. 

11 hours ago, Mike Dante said:

Thanks. We certainly are. We had 2775 on board which they said was 70%. 

I'm glad you're having a nice trip..  We leave a week from tomorrow.   It will be interesting to see if the numbers keep climbing. 

Thanks for all the info! I was wondering about the mid internet package as we've had the social one and couldn't do anything without it taking an hour. We've never been on the Horizon or similar and are excited for a bigger ship. So many food choices!!! 42 days and I'll be looking at that beautiful water!

19 hours ago, Mike Dante said:

We had 2775 on board which they said was 70%. 

Mike - Does it feel less crowded at 70% or does it feel the same?  Also, you mentioned you purchased the mid-level wi-fi. How well has it worked for you?

1 hour ago, cruise to live said:

Thank you for your review.  Something that I am too lazy to do.  When you got off the ship, were there taxis available?

There were, but we did a Lyft which was 18 to the airport…

BTW, we did go to Bimini as our 3rd port, and had a great beach day. Just leave the shop , hop onto the tram, and exit at 3rd stop. Totally free. You can rent chairs and umbrella although I didn’t get price. It is beach 360 , which they sell as an excursion onboard.  But we wound up there for free, and spent the day in the water anyway, there is a restaurant there. Quesadillas, jerk wings and 2 cokes for $48 including tip. Highlight of the day, was having to stingrays come visit us while swimming in the water. Awesome day, so happy we decided to get off the ship and visit this new port. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rdh rules said:

Thanks for all the info! I was wondering about the mid internet package as we've had the social one and couldn't do anything without it taking an hour. We've never been on the Horizon or similar and are excited for a bigger ship. So many food choices!!! 42 days and I'll be looking at that beautiful water!

Other than it being slow, I was able to stay in touch back home, check emails as needed as well as play on cruise critic while lounging up on serenity area. 

1 hour ago, MPH711 said:

Mike - Does it feel less crowded at 70% or does it feel the same?  Also, you mentioned you purchased the mid-level wi-fi. How well has it worked for you?

It never felt crowded except late night pizza runs, lol. Anytime fining was never more than 5-10 mins. Specialty restaurants were available and chairs ez to find on deck except for sea day # 2 when they decided to paint the aft pool. I was told it was scheduled maintenance, but damn weren’t they not sailing for over a year???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Dante said:

There were, but we did a Lyft which was 18 to the airport…

BTW, we did go to Bimini as our 3rd port, and had a great beach day. Just leave the shop , hop onto the tram, and exit at 3rd stop. Totally free. You can rent chairs and umbrella although I didn’t get price. It is beach 360 , which they sell as an excursion onboard.  But we wound up there for free, and spent the day in the water anyway, there is a restaurant there. Quesadillas, jerk wings and 2 cokes for $48 including tip. Highlight of the day, was having to stingrays come visit us while swimming in the water. Awesome day, so happy we decided to get off the ship and visit this new port. 

I have booked 360 and I'm happy to hear that you thought this choice was great!  Were the stingrays just off the beach or in a special area!  TIA!

Thank you for the review. Cruising on the Horizon 8/7/21. A couple of questions: 

1. Did vaccinated guests have to provide a negative COVID test or be tested at the port prior to boarding the ship?

2. Can you confirm that the safety drills on the Horizon are watched on video in the stateroom and then passengers report to their muster station to check in? In other words...no more stacked bodies outside in the heat???

Thanks in advance.  :0)

On 7/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, ninjacat123 said:

I have booked 360 and I'm happy to hear that you thought this choice was great!  Were the stingrays just off the beach or in a special area!  TIA!

The stingrays just came in off the beach. 

43 minutes ago, mygreeneyes said:

Thank you for the review. Cruising on the Horizon 8/7/21. A couple of questions: 

1. Did vaccinated guests have to provide a negative COVID test or be tested at the port prior to boarding the ship?

2. Can you confirm that the safety drills on the Horizon are watched on video in the stateroom and then passengers report to their muster station to check in? In other words...no more stacked bodies outside in the heat???

Thanks in advance.  :0)

Vaccinated simply had to show proof(vax cards). And the new muster is awesome? Simply go to muster station and they scan your sail and sign card then show you how to put on your life vest,