Startup Capacity

67Miner

Does anyone know if Seabourn ships are sailing at full capacity, especially Ovation out of Piraeus?  Just curious to know what to expect on the August 14 sailing.  Seems like most ships sailing out of the US are at around 25 percent of capacity as operations are restarting.

59 minutes ago, 67Miner said:

Does anyone know if Seabourn ships are sailing at full capacity, especially Ovation out of Piraeus?  Just curious to know what to expect on the August 14 sailing.  Seems like most ships sailing out of the US are at around 25 percent of capacity as operations are restarting.

When we got on July 3rd, it was about half full and remained that way for the next two weeks.  I don't know what is happening now.

There's no way to know until you get there how many people are on a particular sailing. I think a lot of people hung back from the first few weeks of sailings to see if things went okay, so bookings are likely higher as time goes on. Then, there's the uncertainty about passengers from the UK; in theory, they should be allowed on the August 14 sailing, but the current ban imposed by Seabourn could be extended and wipe out some of the people booked on your cruise. I think it's likely that your cruise won't be at full capacity, but how full it will be is impossible to know now.

I would guess 50% or less this week based upon the MDR not being busy.  I would again guess all of the Seabourn Greek cruises are going to be light due to folks not being comfortable yet with traveling until 2022.  If you have an opportunity to go in 2021 I would jump on it.  We are having a great time and only having to wear a mask when going inside a place of business.  Safe travels.

• Like 1