Eagle or Palm Beach with questions

critcatny

Our cruise is stopping at Aruba for the day in a couple of weeks. Looking to just have a beach day. Choosing between Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. My main questions to help us decide are:

Is there any difference in the sand or water?

Do you have to pay for beach chairs/umbrellas and if so how much? Or is there an entrance fee?

Which beach has more shaded areas?

What is the best and least expensive way to get from cruise port to Eagle or Palm Beach?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We took the public bus to Eagle Beach on our Odyssey cruise last month.  A simple walk across the road to the bus terminal and $2 per person US and we were on our way.  We took the bus to the far end of Eagle Beach.  The sand and water was beautiful, but there was not as many bar and restaurants on the beach as we had hoped for.  The day we were there, there was a bit of a sewage like smell in the air as well (not sure why).  When we go back next time in March, we plan to stop at Palm Beach instead to see how it compares.

• Like 1

Eagle beach water is more rough than palm beach water. 

Eagle beach also has less ammenities (food, drink, water sports) than palm beach.

I’ve been to both beaches twice. I prefer palm beach because I like being in the water, and the water is more calm over there. I also prefer to be closer to bars, food and water sports. 

If you prefer a more low-key, sit on the beach and read without a lot of noise or people around, go to Eagle beach. Otherwise, go to Palm. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Where do you get off the bus for access to Palm Beach? It has been several years since we were last there and I can't remember where we can walk through to the beach. Also, what is the cost now to rent beach chairs?

I think there’s a bus stop in front of the Riu hotels. There’s a public walkway/alleyway right next to the Hilton hotel (which is right next to the Riu Palace, and right across the street from the little downtown area with all the restaurants). If you take the bus to any stop where you can see either of those hotels, just hop off. You can also take a taxi for $13 each way. The bus is only $2. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2021 at 11:07 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

I think there’s a bus stop in front of the Riu hotels. There’s a public walkway/alleyway right next to the Hilton hotel (which is right next to the Riu Palace, and right across the street from the little downtown area with all the restaurants). If you take the bus to any stop where you can see either of those hotels, just hop off. You can also take a taxi for $13 each way. The bus is only $2. 

I assume the bus is $2pp. What about the taxi? There’s 4 of us. Would that be $13 each way total for all 4 of us?

On 10/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Where do you get off the bus for access to Palm Beach? It has been several years since we were last there and I can't remember where we can walk through to the beach. Also, what is the cost now to rent beach chairs?

The price to rent chairs varies. At eagle beach you can rent loungers for $10/person from one of the sports tents. Sometimes they'll increase the price when cruises are in port to $15-$20. 

When I've been there on a land vacation I either get them free from the hotel, or rent them from the hotel. During my last trip I stayed at the Hilton (on Palm Beach) and you could get loungers without an umbrella for free, or pay $65 for up to 4 loungers under an umbrella. I'm not sure if you can rent when you're not a guest. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler