Celebrity Summit Aft Facing Cabin 9164

tjm0701

Need  some views on the above Aqua Cabin # 9164. I just found out about a screw up on my cabin on the Summit  which was an aft facing one ( or so I thought) number 1131on the Summit. Unfortunately this is an aft cabin (Port side) and not 1130 which is an aft “facing” one. I booked this 7 months ago and just realized the mistake. We originally had 1141 on the Infiniti which is aft facing, but this cruise was cancelled and we had to rebook on the Summit. Any opinions on this lower level aft facing cabin on deck 9? Much appreciated. 
Tom

It's an accessible cabin.  Generally not available to book unless you have special needs.  Is Celebrity offering this to you?  

In my opinion this would be a great cabin as it is much larger due to being accessible to be able to accommodate  someone in a wheelchair.  Only downside might be accessible features in the bathroom and possibly some noise from above with chairs being moved around.

All that said it is an accessible cabin and unless you are inside final payment and Celebrity is offering it to you I wouldn't even think about it.

I was in this situation once when I booked a suite GTY and was assigned an accessible S2 cabin.  I felt sort of bad about it but they made the assignment.

Yes. Just noticed this was an accessible cabin. But otherwise, it seems you would grab it if offered. We wanted an aft facing cabin all along, but it got mixed up in the rebooking to the Summit, so was trying to understand if there was any big  difference between 

this aft facing cabin on 9 vs. deck 11. Thanks. 

The cabin and balcony would probably be about 1/2 again larger.  We were next to one of these on deck 8 and peeked around the divider to look at the balcony.   Unfortunately I believe the occupants were "faking it" from seeing them come and go.