Complimentary water?

littysmom

Hi, we just booked with MSC for the first time. We always booked Carnival in the past. We found out that you can't bring drinks or wine on board.  Does anyone know if they have complimentary bottled water in the cabins?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, littysmom said:

Hi, we just booked with MSC for the first time. We always booked Carnival in the past. We found out that you can't bring drinks or wine on board.  Does anyone know if they have complimentary bottled water in the cabins?

Thank you!

The rules vary based on where you are sailing from (US or Europe), where you booked (US or Europe) and the level (Bella, Fantasica, etc.)

If you are US and sailing from US I believe the answer is no.

If you are US and sailing from Europe you get bottled water at dinner I believe.

That being said, right now MSC has a WiFi and drinks special...you said you just booked...you didn't get that deal?

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

The rules vary based on where you are sailing from (US or Europe), where you booked (US or Europe) and the level (Bella, Fantasica, etc.)

If you are US and sailing from US I believe the answer is no.

If you are US and sailing from Europe you get bottled water at dinner I believe.

That being said, right now MSC has a WiFi and drinks special...you said you just booked...you didn't get that deal?

No, it wasn't offered. We booked out of Miami for October.  We booked Fantastica.

2 minutes ago, littysmom said:

No, it wasn't offered. We booked out of Miami for October.  We booked Fantastica.

You should call your TA and get this changed. Otherwise with Fantastica you won't get free water in your room.

What is the exact date and sailing?

This is the deal:

image.thumb.png.4102581b498221d01369d414a862a98b.png

30 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

You should call your TA and get this changed. Otherwise with Fantastica you won't get free water in your room.

This is the deal:

That is only offered on select sailings and then only if you choose that offer over other ones.  For example, I booked November 20th for an 8 night cruise.  A solo balcony cabin booked under the free balcony upgrade offer made the cabin $620 (Fantastica).  The exact same cabin, same sailing would be over $1566 if I were to book under the free drinks and WiFi offer.  No deal at all.

Edited by Lisichka

1 minute ago, Lisichka said:

That is only offered on select sailings and then only if you choose that offer over other ones.  For example, I booked November 20th for an 8 night cruise.  A solo balcony cabin booked under the free balcony upgrade offer made the cabin $620 (Fantastica).  The exact same cabin, same sailing would be over $1200 if I were to book under the free drinks and WiFi offer.  No deal at all.

Correct...you can't get multiple deals. But this is offered for most (all?) sailings. 

Your example is a little skewed because you took advantage of the current promo that doesn't charge a solo supplement. 

Also, you have to determine if free drinks and WiFi is for you at all. 

However, the OP said this was never offered to them, and it should have been. Then they can decide if it works for them.

I booked a 28 day cruise on the Poesia. The cost to upgrade to Easy was about 1500 for myself and my wife. That's a no brainer and well worth the cost.

If the OP provides the date and ship they are sailing on, it's easy to check to see what the best deal is.

35 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

This is the deal:

My sister booked the cabin, I just asked her..she said that if we booked a Fantastica balcony upgrade. She thought it was the better offer for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, littysmom said:

We are sailing October 9th

In this case your sister is correct...the balcony offer is a much better deal.

Unfortunately you need to pay for drinks (and water), but you'll come out ahead with what you booked 🙂

9 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

In this case your sister is correct...the balcony offer is a much better deal.

Unfortunately you need to pay for drinks (and water), but you'll come out ahead with what you booked 🙂

Thanks!🙂

The tap water onboard is excellent.  As well as from the taps in your cabin (not chilled), you can get cold water in the buffet and in the dining room.  

If you like using a water bottle, just pack one for each of you.

• Like 1