Thermal Suites

I'm curious as to what all it does entail, and what the allure is. We've never ventured in there, other than during a quick spa tour (obviously, on other ships). It's included with our cabin - so was not sure if we should give it some consideration.

Tom

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm curious as to what all it does entail, and what the allure is. We've never ventured in there, other than during a quick spa tour (obviously, on other ships). It's included with our cabin - so was not sure if we should give it some consideration.

Tom

It's a large hot tub without all the people and no kids.. lol.  My friend and I leave our husbands for a few hours and go soak in the tub and then lounge in the spa.  It's nice to relax, especially after a long day at port.  Hubs and I are in an ocean suite, so I will purchase a week long pass.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chasinraynbowz said:

It's a large hot tub without all the people and no kids.. lol.  My friend and I leave our husbands for a few hours and go soak in the tub and then lounge in the spa.  It's nice to relax, especially after a long day at port.  Hubs and I are in an ocean suite, so I will purchase a week long pass.

So, there's the tub and the (hard looking) lounge chairs. I'm guessing a steam and dry sauna as well?

Tom

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, there's the tub and the (hard looking) lounge chairs. I'm guessing a steam and dry sauna as well?

Tom

Yes and the tub has seating also.  The "hardlooking" lounge chairs are heated.  And yes, they have steam rooms as well as a dry sauna.  I know on the Dream, they had aromatherapy steam rooms also.  For us, its a nice getaway for an hour or two.  I try to go at least once a day.

Pam

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of the spa thermal suite. A couple of points previously unknown.

* The water feature IS a jetted thalassotherapy pool

* There's 10 heated tile loungers bout also about 5 regulars loungers and several chairs, so there are places to sit and relax.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/videos/415350269798590

On 7/27/2021 at 10:53 AM, chasinraynbowz said:

We are booked on the Mardi Gras in October.  We are wanting to book the spa, specifically the thalassotherapy pool.  Does anyone know if the pool is included in the thermal suite package?

TIA!

As stated it is included on the ships that have it- not all do and it's a type of mineral bath with jets. I booked it for my upcoming cruise. I've never done spa stuff and that looked like a nice place to relax. Now... with a mask... not so sure and apparently there's no answer as to whether masks will be required in that area. That said, I've not cancelled it yet because it does sound nice otherwise. I can usually use a morning mineral bath detox after a Carnival bar hopping night, lol. 

I do not get into massages or any other spa treatments (not speaking for my wife), but I LOVED the Spa Thermal Suite on the Breeze.  Spent some time there at least once a day on both my Breeze sailings.

After enjoying the thalasso pool, I would walk out of that room into the area with tiled warming loungers, more appropriately described as cement slabs.  I found them surprisingly comfortable.  Some liked 'em, some didn't.  You can lay a towel or two over it if you want.

Then, I headed to the dry heat chamber.  It was kinda nice, but it's real value is that it had the only door to get to the Oriental steam room, which we dubbed The Torture Chamber.  I heard other more colorful descriptions.

This steam room was HOT.  Hot (did I mention hot?) water condensates on the ceiling and would drip down, giving the initial sensation that the moisture was your own melted skin.    After you get acclimated, though, it was more like, um, I never really got acclimated.

My wife and I would make slow movements, creeping ever so carefully to the tile bench (which, by the way, was hot) because moving too fast just accentuated the heat to an unbearable level.  Controlled breathing is essential for survival, otherwise you will scald your lungs.

I became addicted to this experience.  I now can't imagine not getting the thermal suite package when on a ship that has this infernal contrivance.

I know there are some other nice areas included in the Thermal Suite, but the steam room has seared them from my memory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2