Brits good to go on international cruises

madmacs

BBC reports

International cruises have been given the go-ahead to restart from ports in England from next Monday.

The announcement comes as the UK government scraps the requirement to quarantine for double-jabbed US and EU citizens arriving in the UK.

It means, for the first time since the pandemic started, cruises can start in England, call at foreign ports and then return to England without vaccinated passengers having to self-isolate.

Minister for Aviation and Maritime, Robert Courts, tweeted he was "delighted" by the news.

New government advice for cruising asks travellers to make a personal assessment, look at their vaccination status and their insurance to make sure they are protected.

• Like 1

It will be interesting what the cruise companies plan. I imagine P&O and Cunard will plan to utilise their ships anchored off the coast if they can be staffed etc.

However I just booked on a Silhouette UK Staycation in September. The original cruise was to Northern Europe. I much prefer the idea and itinerary of the Staycation so I hope Celebrity does not tinker….. but let us tour unaccompanied. My risk averse wife may wish to cancel if it is changed to Zeebrugge etc. 

Hopefully fully vaccinated North American’s and Europeans will be able to join us😀