Grand Princess Stateroom L207 - any tips?

Tracy1

I just noticed on our cruise personalizer that we've been assigned cabin L207 on the Grand Princess for our cruise 3/4/06. Has anyone stayed in this cabin before or one like it? Any tips? ideas? suggestions?

I looked at the deck plan and see that it's an inside cabin on the Lido Deck, at the very front of the ship and it looks like above us on the Sun deck will be the gym and below us is more cabins so I'm thinking it should be quiet.:)

Since the dining rooms and the Horizon Court are at the other end of the ship we should get our exercise going to and from meals. ;)

Any other advantages/disadvantages to being at the front of the ship?

I was thinking that it would be quiet at night (we go to bed early) but I forgot to think about during the day (hubby likes to take naps). :o

We're not bothered by movement so that should be fine. The only problem we had on one cruise with lots of movement is that our hangers made noise banging into each other in the closet one night. We solved that by taking them out and putting them on the floor (we put most of our stuff in drawers) and there was a storage area next to our stateroom that had something that was banging against the wall but after we called (twice I think) they secured it. But the rocking motion itself, minus the noise was nice and actually helped us sleep.

We were in L-302. We heard people jogging on the jogging track in the late evenings and early mornings. Took us awhile to figure out what it was.

The hallway will be quiet where you are, but there is definitely more movement in the front of the ship. We noticed the difference and our cabin was more aft than your cabin.

Personally, we loved the Lido Deck location. It was SO convenient to get to the pizza, burgers, Horizon Court, pools, basketball court, etc. Out of all the locations we've had on the Grand Princess, this was our favorite. :)

Just got back from cruise Sat and was in Lido 211. We had no problem with the room.First cruise, so can't compare with any others though. Seas were rough on a couple nights, and we felt them a little, but not enough to bother us. We never were bothered by the gym above us. We felt the location was convenient to the main pools, and horizon court, where we ate breakfast almost every morning. Also, one floor up, we made good use of the wave pool and saunas/hot tubs. Really, we had no dislikes about the room whatsoever.

We were in L206 last week. We loved the location, but we were on the other side of the ship so we were not under the gym - not sure if that will make any difference or not. We heard joggers on the track a couple times, but it never bothered us.

Melissa

We liked it because we were close to the pools, the pizza and Horizon Court (on the same level anyway). We had breakfast in our room every morning. DH walked to the court, loaded up and we had our own little buffet in our room. :) We brought pizza back to our room many times too. And our hall was super quiet. It was nice.

Tendering wasn't bad for us. In Playa and Coz the tenders are pretty large so it takes a while for them to fill. The waters were pretty rough too so it was a bit dangerous at times, but hopefully the water won't be so bad for you. Our tender actually hit the bow of the ship in Coz because the water was so bad. It was kind of scary. Overall though I really didn't mind the tenders. DH is very impatient and he did get irritated sometimes, so I guess it just depends on your personality. We always got a tender ticket and got right on a tender though, so that was nice. Hope that helps.

Melissa

Archived