Iona shakedown cruise Monday 2nd August

bobstheboy

46 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Yes it’s a standard balcony cabin, and at present it’s unlikely I’ll get into any other cabins this cruise.

Right, that’s it for the night. Iona will be anchored in Weymouth bay tomorrow for any locals.

Thank you, can't wait to board her on Saturday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Yes it’s a standard balcony cabin, and at present it’s unlikely I’ll get into any other cabins this cruise.

Right, that’s it for the night. Iona will be anchored in Weymouth bay tomorrow for any locals.

Thank you so much Moley for taking the time to give us something to look forward to. Have a good night and a good day tomorrow. Jane.x

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Molecrochip, I think P and O should offer you a job as head of publicity! The photos are great.

They do indeed, I felt certain the cabin was a top of the range one, it certainly looks to be a higher standard than any P&O ship I have sailed on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They do indeed, I felt certain the cabin was a top of the range one, it certainly looks to be a higher standard than any P&O ship I have sailed on.

I don't think it is.I have seen other photos on social media of G grade standard balcony cabins and they look very similar. The balcony is certainly a better size than Britannia and the chairs recline. 

I've seen quite a few photos of standard cabins and conservatory cabins, which look like the same layout as standard but with the extra conservatory space.

,It seems to be with these two types of cabin that if the left side of the bed is closest to the balcony door then the sofa is between the bed and balcony and if the right side of the bed is closest to the balcony then the sofa is between the wardrobe and the bed which gives more room next to the wardrobe.

I haven't found any photos of a deluxe balcony cabin yet, has anyone else?

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I don’t think a 7 night cruise to Norway will be long enough to see everything onboard! Might be 2023 before I get onboard as the longer cruises are outside of summer.

I agree 7 days definitely won't be enough to see everything. We're doing a 7 day to Norway next May and probably doing the same cruise in July 2023 with my sister who can't go next year and can only go in the school holidays. That's assuming Iona is doing 7 days to Norway in 2023 anyway.

• Like 1

I've finally found photos of a forword facing deluxe balcony cabin, the one I've seen is the same layout as a standard balcony but with more room either side of the bed and sofa.

The balcony appears to have a glass wind shield that you can sit behind or in front of, due to the windy forward facing position I assume.

I can't post pics as they belong to the owner but they can be found on Instagram  #iona

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I don’t think a 7 night cruise to Norway will be long enough to see everything onboard! Might be 2023 before I get onboard as the longer cruises are outside of summer.

We have 3 weeks booked for March 23. I agree about 7 night cruises far too short, for any ship. Unless they are B to B. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Seven nights would be seven too many for me 😀. But we all like different things and it's great to see that those with cruises booked on her like the look of what they see in Moley's excellent photographs.

• Haha 1

On the book of visages there are lots of complaints about there being 80+ in a virtual queue for the MDR and other included restaurants. Breakfast today not much better. I guess the kitchenis being slow as thay are obviously nt up to speed. The other factor is the app, if you join a virtual queue you have to keep your phone open on the page and keep checking it or you lose your place. The slow kitchen is one thing, they will speed up, but there is no excuse for the app as it's been use don Britannia for over a month. I think P&O need t stop using the app until it's for for purpose.

I have also seen a video of a Conservatory Suite on Deck 8, you could see the head of someone walking by and it looks like the sunbeds are right up againast the balcony. 

But apart from that it looks like being a fab ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I've finally found photos of a forword facing deluxe balcony cabin, the one I've seen is the same layout as a standard balcony but with more room either side of the bed and sofa.

The balcony appears to have a glass wind shield that you can sit behind or in front of, due to the windy forward facing position I assume.

I can't post pics as they belong to the owner but they can be found on Instagram  #iona

You should be able to post as long as you credit the source?

Here is a link to the forward facing deluxe balcony cabin photos that I found.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSFFceSsut1/?utm_medium=copy_link

And here is a link to the poster’s Instagram account which has other Iona photos on. 

https://instagram.com/j.d.leigh?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

Molecrochip thank you so much for all the pictures and taking the time to share!

I wonder if you have a moment if you could confirm if they are serving breakfast at the quays? I heard mention that it would be open for brekkie and if so will be very convenient for our cabin location :) Thank you!!

Who can see Moley waving?

Good that he (I’ve always thought of Moley as male ) got the captain to park up on the Bowleaze side of the bay so I could get a good look.

Pictures aren’t great - there was a bit of heat haze, plus they’re a long way away and I only had my phone.  Nevertheless, here goes.  Doesn’t she look huge compared with the others? (Yes, they were further away but we’re not in Father Ted/Father Douglas territory here! 🙂)

Nice and warm.  I hope everyone who wants to enjoy the open decks finds a space

80B298BA-674E-4FEB-AD4E-265564628E63.thumb.jpeg.149f0e0645ae751530cec7180042e79a.jpeg

F4EC2FC2-766A-4AA7-BFE6-F156A0465086.thumb.jpeg.3101d55eadccb939b340ff0ddf25b800.jpeg

CA6DE182-DECF-499C-8A2E-1CB77279924E.thumb.jpeg.d0c14d1c35b2bfa5d37f8b53ec76cdff.jpeg

35DEC7A8-B10F-4EA6-9182-4CDB2CA6E7A1.thumb.jpeg.0076c5c01856b522c46dc0a4247a6252.jpeg

• Like 6

Very artistic Eddie with the ball of flowers 😊

I thought Britannia would be too big for us but we liked it and will hopefully be on her next summer. No idea if we’ll think Iona is too big but I want to try!