Excursions and OBC - for those who have cruised this month

hayesktrm

Like so many others, I have a lot of OBC.  I'd like to wait to book an excursion until I'm on the ship, but don't want to miss out on the excursion of choice.  What has been your experience?  Are there a lot left available after boarding or should I just book the excursion now and spend the money elsewhere?  I have $1000 to spend...don't get me wrong, I can spend that much, but I'd like to use it for excursions, as well, if possible, lol.

Edited by hayesktrm
add

• hayesktrm changed the title to Excursions and OBC - for those who have cruised this month

We cruise on the 14th of August, I thought about doing this.  But when i looked at the shore excursions on the webpage, some of the better ones had already sold out.   Gotta weigh the risk/reward for waiting I assume.

I have just been following all of the excursions I am interested in.  So far all of them have more than 10 spots open and I am 6 days out from leaving. I will only book if they start filling up.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I have just been following all of the excursions I am interested in.  So far all of them have more than 10 spots open and I am 6 days out from leaving. I will only book if they start filling up.  

^^^^ this. You can guess if the excursion will be available on the ship. OTOH, if enough people don't book, excursions could be canceled, but perhaps not before the cruise begins.