Rangiroa - Transportation/Tours at Dock

jilly08

Hi, 

I was in Rangiroa in 2015, on the Pacific Princess, and there were plenty of choices available on the Pier for Snorkeling the Aquarium and water taxis. 

Now that we are allowed to book our own excursions on Wind Star, I'd like to do a morning snorkel and then head down to the Kia Ora Resort for lunch and float back to the pier. (ala Pesacdo Amarillo)    Link to her blog:  http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2014/12/day-47-rangiroa.html

Has anyone been to Rangiroa lately that can provide an update on what is available at the tender pier near Taputa pass?

thanks,

Jill

This is experience from two/three year's ago cruises, but The 6 Passengers and Rangiroa Plongee were offering tours. It includes a the drift snorkel of the Tiputa Pass too. If you don't want to do that you can just remain in the boat but the drift is wonderful. You can get their emails on Tripadvisor but if not I'll post here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, this is from three years ago when things were fully operational and very active. And there were probably 3-4 tour operators at the dock for a 600 passenger ship. If things are up and running briskly, you can expect operators to be at the pier. If you're on an NCL ship maybe more than 3-4. For Wind Spirit not as likely. For my money I'd still book in advance with The 6 Passengers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...