Cancellation fees with FCC

tert333

I have a strange question...

I have a cruise that I booked almost entirely with an FCC.   Princess has the cruise with confidence policy where you get back any cancellation fees, if you cancel up to 30 days before the cruise.

Technically, FCC's are only to be used against cruise fare.   If there is a cancellation fee of 50%, will the cruise line ask me to pay more money to cover the fee and then will be issued an additional FCC.   Does not make sense, but thought I would check if anyone has gone through this.

Example:

Cruise Fare:                         $2000

FCC applied against fare  $1800

Cash Deposit                        $200

Will Princess try to charge me another $1000 to cover the cancelation fee, so now I have $2,800 worth of FCC's?

Only thoughts without knowledge:

a) I doubt Princess would charge you any more out-of-pocket $$$.

b) If you had paid $2000 cash for the voyage, you would get $1000 back and have the $1000 penalty set up as an FCC.

c) The only cash you have is the $200 down. My guess is that original FCCs would be restored as FCCs, but if one of the FCCs had been refundable, it might become non-refundable. The $200 cash down payment might become an FCC.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Only thoughts without knowledge:

a) I doubt Princess would charge you any more out-of-pocket $$$.

b) If you had paid $2000 cash for the voyage, you would get $1000 back and have the $1000 penalty set up as an FCC.

c) The only cash you have is the $200 down. My guess is that original FCCs would be restored as FCCs, but if one of the FCCs had been refundable, it might become non-refundable. The $200 cash down payment might become an FCC.

Thanks.  Thats what I thought as well.   As a whole, while they are impossible to get an answer out of sometimes, there usually are reasonable around issues.