Silversea Air

RetiredandTravel

Silversea Air worked perfectly for our just completed Norwegian fjords cruise.  Washington DC to Bergen Norway 1 stop in Frankfurt, Copenhagen to DC nonstop.  Lufthansa was very good; SAS may be my new favorite airline!

Suffering was almost non-existent.  Flight-wise it actually was.  But good Lord, who thinks its ok to make travelers wait more than an hour to get through passport control anywhere!  This, of course, is not the fault of Silversea Air.

The price was right, the flights were great.

• Like 2

I see that for our summer 2024 voyage, the business class supplement when up by 1k per person. Fortunately, we booked earlier in the year and have locked in our price. However, we were going to ask for different flights through the air program to come in a week earlier ( we need to wait another 6 weeks before the window  to do so opens). Does anyone know if the change in the supplement fee corresponds to the additional fee we will have to pay to silver air for the changes, beyond the $150 deviation fee? Also, we are flying into Athens, but if the price is around the same, we would prefer to go directly to Santorini. I’m not sure if this would trigger a huge charge. Of course, we can just fly to Athens and take a very inexpensive flight from there to the islands. But it would certainly be more convenient to have our final destination under the same ticket number.

1 hour ago, scseas said:

I see that for our summer 2024 voyage, the business class supplement when up by 1k per person. Fortunately, we booked earlier in the year and have locked in our price. However, we were going to ask for different flights through the air program to come in a week earlier ( we need to wait another 6 weeks before the window  to do so opens). Does anyone know if the change in the supplement fee corresponds to the additional fee we will have to pay to silver air for the changes, beyond the $150 deviation fee? Also, we are flying into Athens, but if the price is around the same, we would prefer to go directly to Santorini. I’m not sure if this would trigger a huge charge. Of course, we can just fly to Athens and take a very inexpensive flight from there to the islands. But it would certainly be more convenient to have our final destination under the same ticket number.

The devil is in the details- in the fine print, the airfares are not locked in and SS can change an additional cost if fares go up. I have not experienced this or heard of others that experienced a higher cost.