RC coming to Celebrity with questions on Edge

josh.vincent.180

Booked Sept 25th on Edge from FLL

Only Celebrity cruise was years ago on Summit with Kate prior to update, coming from Royal as Diamonds, so I need to research and have questions.
Got 6:30 dinners except for 1 - 7:30 and doing all the free throughout the week and only Cosmo once. Any thoughts on menus or venues?
We have drinks, wifi and gratituies included but I see a $12 upgrade on drinks, I don't think we will use it as we don't drink alot and basic drinks should be enough. Need to find menu.
Basic internet we know is spotty but allows WiFi Calling on AT&T with IPhone and any Video calls need to be WhatsApp as it suppresses the data, FaceTime is useless.
Anyone with Edge experience have suggestions?
We are avid on Royal so St Thomas we usually go to Coki, and St Maarten with either be Maho or just to Hard Rock area beach.
Nassau is a new port for us so I need to research it.
Also do we know yet if we are able to still travel on our own and shop at ports?
Edited by josh.vincent.180

2 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:
Only Celebrity cruise was years ago on Summit with Kate prior to update, coming from Royal as Diamonds, so I need to research and have questions.
Got 6:30 dinners except for 1 - 7:30 and doing all the free throughout the week and only Cosmo once. Any thoughts on menus or venues?
We have drinks, wifi and gratituies included but I see a $12 upgrade on drinks, I don't think we will use it as we don't drink alot and basic drinks should be enough. Need to find menu.
Basic internet we know is spotty but allows WiFi Calling on AT&T with IPhone and any Video calls need to be WhatsApp as it suppresses the data, FaceTime is useless.
We are avid on Royal so St Thomas we usually go to Coki, and St Maarten with either be Maho or just to Hard Rock area beach.
Also do we know yet if we are able to still travel on our own and shop at ports?

The Celebrity website has a list of ports and what the current restrictions are at each one. The website also lists the different drink packages, what’s include snd per drink costs.

• Like 1

All basic cocktails are included in the classic drink package. They are just made with well liquor instead of premium liquor.  You should be fine. If you go to the Martini Bar,  you just have to pay the difference between your price cap, $9, and the martini price, usually $15, plus gratuity on that $6. You can get basic martinis at other bars for your price range. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:
Booked Sept 25th on Edge from FLL

Edge has 4 main MDR's. Each dining room has a few signature items each evening. You can eat at all of them or stick to one. Your choice. 

The included Surf internet package does not support WiFi calling or streaming content. You need to upgrade to Stream for that. Never had an issue with FaceTime. 

If you don't want items off the premium drink menu it's not worth it to upgrade. You can try Classic for a few days and upgrade if it's not working for you. Or just pay the difference per item if you are a light drinker.

12 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

The included Surf internet package does not support WiFi calling or streaming content. You need to upgrade to Stream for that. Never had an issue with FaceTime. 

Interesting, wonder how the stop protocol works with their equipment - off to TOR to do some reading 

Royal has Voom Surf (basic) and Voom Surf and Stream (Upgraded), we also got WiFi calling to work with basic Along with WhatsApp on Surf for video calls.

Edited by josh.vincent.180