Edge—passenger med emergency delays arrival

KKB

When we fly into a port we always went one day early and never thought about staying an extra day after the cruise and we’re lucky not to be affected.   If you can afford to it is advisable to stay an extra day after the cruise but not everyone has the extra time.  

We now drive and delays don’t really have much of a impact on us if we were flying.   About 25% of our cruises have been affected by delays due to medical evacuation, storms, high winds, propulsion issues, dock damage and etc.   We have seen it being chaos for those trying to rearrange their flights.   One person said the earliest they could get was 4 days later.  

It happens and mostly on the Caribbean sailing 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Cruising during a pandemic means things can and will go wrong; however, the experience may be worth the risk if you just understand about all the variables...my DH said no way, but I would do it in a heartbeat, but we have an elderly dog to take care of before I can return to our cruising experiences.  However, five wonderful cruises are booked for 2022.  I wish everyone a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1