Kids charge

H3one6B

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

I’ve struggled with that one as well. But then I compared the cruise line’s health protocols with my kid’s school protocols.  My kids returned to school yesterday with zero mask mandate, zero testing, zero social distancing, zero sanitation protocols,, zero vaccination requirements for the teachers, zero virtual options, and needless to say, none of the kids are vaccinated.

So it dawned on me that the kids are much more at risk attending school, than going on a cruise where there are strict health protocols, at least when compared to what the schools are doing. To be perfectly frank I’m much, MUCH more concerned that my kids are going to get sick by going to school than by going on a 3 night cruise to a private island where they’ll be in a bubble, and where they’ll need to follow a litany of procedures including mask mandates, PCR testing, distancing, etc. 

I'm not going to justify the way schools are handling this. In my opinion if a school hasn't greatly improved their ventilation system (or if it wasn't already at a high standard) it is not a good idea to bring kids back to the classroom, masks or not. 

For cruising, my concern isn't the protocols on the cruise ship itself. The big vulnerability imo is the flight to the cruise. Most of us are flying within 2 days of departure and would test negative even if we were exposed in flight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Why are you paying for a test? Especially since you may have been exposed by the neighbors who just tested positive, and you were at the birthday party for and afraid that you may been exposed.

wink, 😉 

That's an interesting story but what do you plan to say when you are asked why you booked a test for 10 days hence and not today? Dont you consider there's an urgency to find out if you have the virus yourself? So saying that you might have been exposed might backfire.  

We have a family reunion planned on Carnival Nov 4th to Mexico.

Our 2 grandchildren 9 & 11 are going and unvaccinated. My daughter, son in law and the 11 year old all had Covid last December, but the 9 year old never had symptoms and was not tested. (We assume he was asymptomatic, but still take precautions with him).

Everyone else is vaccinated except our grandchildren and another child in our group who is also too young to be vaccinated.

I agree with the new protocols to keep passengers safe. (Although I think $150 per person testing is over the top since they will be tested (along with everyone else 3 days prior to sailing). 

To be honest...I wish we were not taking them, but this was already planned, booked and paid in full before the new restrictions (and before the recent rise in Covid cases)

They cannot go in port without a Carnival shore excursion and I'm not even sure that waterslides are open. 

Does anyone know if the waterslides are open and if unvaccinated kids can use them? 

Hoping the cases come back down soon...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, llarsen said:

We have a family reunion planned on Carnival Nov 4th to Mexico.

Our 2 grandchildren 9 & 11 are going and unvaccinated. My daughter, son in law and the 11 year old all had Covid last December, but the 9 year old never had symptoms and was not tested. (We assume he was asymptomatic, but still take precautions with him).

Everyone else is vaccinated except our grandchildren and another child in our group who is also too young to be vaccinated.

I agree with the new protocols to keep passengers safe. (Although I think $150 per person testing is over the top since they will be tested (along with everyone else 3 days prior to sailing). 

To be honest...I wish we were not taking them, but this was already planned, booked and paid in full before the new restrictions (and before the recent rise in Covid cases)

They cannot go in port without a Carnival shore excursion and I'm not even sure that waterslides are open. 

Does anyone know if the waterslides are open and if unvaccinated kids can use them? 

Hoping the cases come back down soon...

Waterslides were open on the Horizon.....if you go to Aruba the De Palm Water Park is open and they had a buddle cruise there too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, H3one6B said:

I'm so confused how Carnival can now charge me another $150 pp for my 3 kids under 12 that can't be vaccinated...... Am I crazy to be upset about this? I would totally understand if it was an option that I am choosing not to vaccinate but it's not??? I am with everyone else this is the 4th time we have rescheduled and each time I have had to pay more (so at this point my OBC is just replaced by the extra chargers I have paid). We love Carnival and Love cruising but this is starting to get out of control.

I have a lot of sympathy for you on this and I understand and I don't blame you for being upset. I was recently upset as well at having to get tested before boarding and wearing a mask- I got vaccinated to stop doing those things. Though I'm less upset not I'm still not thrilled about either. Is that a good place to start a vacation "not thrilled"- nope, lol. That said, there really truly are only three options as things stand and as they stand is how I expect them to continue barring a massive wave of cancellations: 1. Ask for a refund 2. Ask to reschedule to like next year 3. Go and hope that you have a good enough time that it makes up for the costs and the hassle. I hope no matter what you settle with you are able to enjoy some sort of vacation with your family somewhere.