I've checked into some CFAR policies, and what I am finding is that the cancellation has to be 48 hours prior.  On my Celebrity cruises, I can get a future cruise credit if I cancel prior to 48 hours.  As I plan to continue cruising (hopefully!) it seems foolish to pay extra for CFAR as I will have problem using the FCC.  Am I wrong about this?  Are there any policies where you can cancel up to the last minute?  I have some travel coverage from our credit cards (Chase United Club Card or Chase Explorer card depending on the trip) so I am primarily concerned about the cruise cost itself if I have to cancel a day before (we have an elderly relative we are caring for).  As a senior, I plan to purchase medical coverage most likely from GeoBlue but concerned about this aspect of travel.

21 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I've checked into some CFAR policies, and what I am finding is that the cancellation has to be 48 hours prior.  On my Celebrity cruises, I can get a future cruise credit if I cancel prior to 48 hours.  As I plan to continue cruising (hopefully!) it seems foolish to pay extra for CFAR as I will have problem using the FCC.  Am I wrong about this?  Are there any policies where you can cancel up to the last minute?  I have some travel coverage from our credit cards (Chase United Club Card or Chase Explorer card depending on the trip) so I am primarily concerned about the cruise cost itself if I have to cancel a day before (we have an elderly relative we are caring for).  As a senior, I plan to purchase medical coverage most likely from GeoBlue but concerned about this aspect of travel.

Hi phoenix_dream,

> Are there any policies where you can cancel up to the last minute?

No, the shortest time you can cancel with a cancel for any reason plan is 2 days before you leave.

> Am I wrong about this?

No. Contrary to what almost everyone else who offers travel insurance says, it's likely you don't need cancel for any reason coverage.

In my opinion, many people have been overpaying for travel insurance plans because whoever sold the policy to them failed to tell them that they didn't need cancel for any reason coverage.

And, the GeoBlue plans are great plans.

You may see all the Geo Blue Voyager (Single-Trip) Choice plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-voyager-travel-medical-plans/

And, you may see all the Geo Blue Trekker plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

I hope this made sense,

Steve Dasseos

On 8/7/2021 at 2:52 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi phoenix_dream,

> Are there any policies where you can cancel up to the last minute?

No, the shortest time you can cancel with a cancel for any reason plan is 2 days before you leave.

> Am I wrong about this?

No. Contrary to what almost everyone else who offers travel insurance says, it's likely you don't need cancel for any reason coverage.

In my opinion, many people have been overpaying for travel insurance plans because whoever sold the policy to them failed to tell them that they didn't need cancel for any reason coverage.

And, the GeoBlue plans are great plans.

You may see all the Geo Blue Voyager (Single-Trip) Choice plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-voyager-travel-medical-plans/

And, you may see all the Geo Blue Trekker plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

I hope this made sense,

Steve Dasseos

Thank you for the info.   I understand your point about insurance completely.  Worked for an insurance company for more than 25 years (commercial lines) and one thing I learned is that insurance companies make their money in large part by people buying coverage they do not need, or way more than they need (other factors of course, but in travel especially this is a big reason).  

We had GeoBlue before Covid struck so will likely go back to them again.  Thanks again