Amber Cove

Gma&Gpa

Our Oct 9 Freedom cruise was just changed a few days ago, from Grand Turks to Amber Cove.  I've been watching for excursions, and two days ago, 3 excursions showed up (none of which are of interest to me).   Do they normally add them a few at a time, in a case like this where the port has been substituted?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gma&Gpa said:

Our Oct 9 Freedom cruise was just changed a few days ago, from Grand Turks to Amber Cove.  I've been watching for excursions, and two days ago, 3 excursions showed up (none of which are of interest to me).   Do they normally add them a few at a time, in a case like this where the port has been substituted?

There were a number of tours available when we ported there a few weeks ago. Maybe they are still negotiating contracts, trying to figure out bubble tours, etc.

• Like 1

Not necessarily answering your question but we just got back and did the Chocolate Experience in Amber Cove.  It was definitely a different experience and we really enjoyed it.  If you're looking for something to do that's not beach or water related we highly recommend the excursion.

If you are a pool or water toys type person, you might not need to book an excursion. Just walk down the pier and look right. Huge pool, marina, paddle boards and kayaks to rent, a little zip line.  Or through the ship you can rent a cabana over the water, up the hill near the zip line, or by the pool.  I would skip the pool cabana now that the ships are not at full capacity.  And the gardens are beautiful.  We were pleasantly surprised by how picturesque the port and surrounding area is. We are looking forward to returning there. 

8F8A1AC3-D4B3-4825-837E-080D1CCCA848.jpeg

• Like 1

I know things are changing daily, hourly almost, but wondering if anyone has any idea if we can get off the ship in Amber Cove and simply get a taxi to a beach?  (fully vaccinated in our group of 7)   Or, are we going to have to book an excursion through the ship?  I would really prefer on this stop, to do our own but I'm unable to find anything to verify if this is possible.  Thank you