Meraviglia Dining Package

nadalina

I tried to post this question yesterday but I don’t think I was successful, so if I have double-posted, please forgive.

I am booked on the Meraviglia the end of September, my first with MSC.  Yesterday I tried to purchase the dining package for three restaurants for $77, but every date and time said “Fully Booked”, even the lunch times.  Is there a possibility of obtaining a reservation immediately after boarding, or perhaps just showing up and hoping to find an available table?  One thing I thought of that might pose a problem is that I am traveling solo and perhaps their online system will not accept reservations for just one person.  Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

4 minutes ago, nadalina said:

I tried to post this question yesterday but I don’t think I was successful, so if I have double-posted, please forgive.

I am booked on the Meraviglia the end of September, my first with MSC.  Yesterday I tried to purchase the dining package for three restaurants for $77, but every date and time said “Fully Booked”, even the lunch times.  Is there a possibility of obtaining a reservation immediately after boarding, or perhaps just showing up and hoping to find an available table?  One thing I thought of that might pose a problem is that I am traveling solo and perhaps their online system will not accept reservations for just one person.  Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

I know that same problem exists with reservation systems on other lines.  Many will not take an odd number.  I would put in two for the reservation and see what happens.

I think MSC may not be reserving actual date/times before the ship sails, it was only just before COVID-19 that they even just began that possibility and likely due to current protocols they have stopped pre-boarding reservations.  It's likely you will need to do this on the ship.  Can you complete the purchase without making the reservations? 

Usually there is lots of availability at all the specialty restaurants, they are historically severely underutilized on MSC.  I've never had trouble getting a reservation, there is a small chance a specific time on a busy day at a popular restaurant like Butcher's Cut may have some limited seating.  I suspect there will be some limited seating at non-vaccinated time slots so perhaps in that case I would make arrangements by the first evening.