Will I like QM2?

Csardas

2 hours ago, tacticalbanjo said:

I was talking with my husband last night about how we both prefer a lot of things about the smaller ships (easier to navigate, better Commodore Club, better buffet layout, Gin and Fizz bar) but there's just something about the QM2 that makes it our favourite ship. I don't know whether it is the lavish public spaces, the atmosphere or the fact that when we sail on her we tend to pick TAs and have time to completely relax.

We're on QE next month and I'm absolutely itching to be back on board even if we have to wear masks and can't get off without going on an arranged excursion. But a big part of me is disappointed that I don't have chance to do one last childless hurrah on QM2 before my baby arrives in January and holidays become something very different.

Have a lovely cruise next month and all best wishes for your lovely arrival in January.

• Like 2

I know it's the Queen Victoria, but it give some idea of size of QM2 it is a big ship but with very few passengers I think all three Queens carry just over 2000 passengers but QM2 is nearly 50% bigger. Having sailed on all three, QM2 is my favourite.

215AEE31-1A11-4C4A-BF35-69B141C20EE3_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 4:21 AM, Csardas said:

Hello all!

We've cruised on QV and QE and loved them both but we're looking at July '22 and a Mediterranean cruise on QM2. (I teach and am effectively limited to July and, as we live in Scotland, I don't like to take a chance on the weather so  QV and QE alternatives are out.)

I've read plenty of posts which cite their favourite ship but it would be good to get feedback from people like me who started on QV/QE and then tried QM2. The size doesn't bother me. All and any comments welcome, even negative!

Greetings from The USA. I used to live in Scotland...I travel every year now on the Queen Mary 2 with an exception of last year for obvious reasons. I am back on board in November and can say when I step on to that ship it is liking stepping into another world. I cannot even imagine myself going on any other ship now. 

• Like 1