Any opinions of stateroom 4109 on the Nieuw Amsterdam?

ann1bell

I am looking at stateroom 4109 on the NA. It is on the starboard side of deck four just above the far corner of the bar on deck three. 

I have seen a comment on the facts about HAL ships that someone liked the nearby 4105, saying it was very private and had light even though it was fully obstructed.,

Will the noise from the bar be a problem? Is there music in the bar or is that all on deck two? 

Thanks! 

You are correct regarding the location of 4109 above the edge of the Ocean Bar.  I wish it was over the Photo Gallery instead.  I found this Nieuw Amsterdam YT vid that shows Ocean Bar (start at 3:51).  I couldn't get the exact orientation of the windows to show if that dance floor would be below your stateroom.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAy90QrHVk  You can also look at google images to see pictures of the Nieuw Amsterdam Ocean Bar and see if you can orient your room in comparison to where the dance floor is.  On CC here, some people were showing the actual schedules on the recent sailings and maybe you can look at those recent Roll Calls to see what is happening at the Ocean Bar.  If there is music and dance, yes, I do think you will hear it in that stateroom.  Otherwise, the obstructed view never bothered me and offered the best deal on the ship.  It was more important for me to have natural light in the room.  I was never one to sit and look out the window.  I prefer to actually be outside.  When I am in my room, I might be watching tv, getting ready to do something or sleeping.  So, as I said, natural light more important.  

12 hours ago, ann1bell said:

I am looking at stateroom 4109 on the NA. It is on the starboard side of deck four just above the far corner of the bar on deck three. 

I have seen a comment on the facts about HAL ships that someone liked the nearby 4105, saying it was very private and had light even though it was fully obstructed.,

Will the noise from the bar be a problem? Is there music in the bar or is that all on deck two? 

Thanks! 

I just looked at the Navigator App for tonight and the only thing going on in the Ocean Bar  is Music Trivia at 8:30.  Unless those trivia people get wild, it should be ok.  I am in cabin 4110 on the sister ship Eurodam in Sept. 

If memory serves, the dance floor in the Ocean Bar on the Nieuw Amsterdam is on port side. 
When I sailed that ship, there was just about nothing going on after 8:00 PM, and I don't recall cocktail time music even took place every night. 

I wouldn't expect any disturbance from there during sleeping hours. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much, AK, Red Haired Lady and Ruth! 

AK, I have looked at the video which was helpful. I also check the  daily planner and think the only thing going on at the Ocean Bar is music trivia and happy hour.Ruth, I do think the dance floor is on the port side opposite of my cabin. Red Haired Lady, I agree with you that the trivia group will probably not be too noisy.

It seems like most of the louder music and dancing will be on deck two. Appreciate your help! 

• Like 1