The silhouette November 12th and 22nd

Bjbilly

25 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

Does anyone think these cruises will be cancelled because of the 14-day quarantine Ships coming back from Europe I made final payment today now I'm worried about it

Possibly- unless they do the transatlantic with no passengers on that and essentially "cancel" that cruise. That leaves Southhampton Nov 1.. so then again..... thats not 14 total days, only 12....

There's a quick 3 night cruise to Belgium on it Oct 29-Nov 1..... 

I'm on the Silhouette Dec 3.. so have been watching closely.

Edited by Sheltielover73

2 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

We are on Silhouette on Nov 22nd and 'hoping' the answer is they sail the TA empty (no paying guests).

Since I'm on the TA I have to hope otherwise.  Still, cancelling the quickie Oct. 29 and the TA would seem the more likely choice.  I just want notice as quickly as possible.

32 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

Does anyone think these cruises will be cancelled because of the 14-day quarantine Ships coming back from Europe I made final payment today now I'm worried about it

I think there are a lot of variables in play here.  We are on the 22nd, with final due in a few days.  Barring any huge development,  we will make payment.  Fingers crossed that it will not be cancelled.  Celebrating our 25th and I’m really looking forward to cruising.

Diane

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marieps said:

Since I'm on the TA I have to hope otherwise.  Still, cancelling the quickie Oct. 29 and the TA would seem the more likely choice.  I just want notice as quickly as possible.

As a guest on the 12 th with fingers crossed I think this option makes more sense otherwise they have to cancel the 12th and amend the 22nd. Probably they’d also look at number of bookings to see which will have the biggest hit refund wise. Also, the US would need to open to UK and European visitors as I imagine there would be a large number on the TA.  

Either way I hope they let everyone know sooner than later. 

Edited by Josie201

2 minutes ago, marieps said:

Let's hope we both sail. 
The Conditional Sailing Order is set to expire on Nov 1st.
Celebrity may delay giving notice of cancellations based on not knowing if the CSO will be extended.

1 hour ago, Josie201 said:

As a guest on the 12 th with fingers crossed I think this option makes more sense otherwise they have to cancel the 12th and amend the 22nd. Probably they’d also look at number of bookings to see which will have the biggest hit refund wise. Also, the US would need to open to UK and European visitors as I imagine there would be a large number on the TA.  

Either way I hope they let everyone know sooner than later. 

I thought of the UK citizen issue as well today.  If the USA drags its feet in reciprocating the UK's welcoming of vaxed USA citizens, the TA is doomed.  My DW keeps asking "Why aren't you planning for London instead of being on CC?"  I just hate to make a bunch of plans knowing the chances of fruition are dim.  *Sigh*

• Like 1