Anyone on the Journey to Antiquities, Viking Sea, November 8-15th?

jhooks61

I know we are 2 1/2 months away, but what are your feelings on the Level 4 and Level 3 travel alerts on the countries we will be visiting?  We are vaccinated and ready to travel but are leery on the restrictions we might have. (shore excursions with Viking only, wearing masks all the time on the boat, etc.)

8 hours ago, jhooks61 said:

I know we are 2 1/2 months away, but what are your feelings on the Level 4 and Level 3 travel alerts on the countries we will be visiting?  We are vaccinated and ready to travel but are leery on the restrictions we might have. (shore excursions with Viking only, wearing masks all the time on the boat, etc.)

No way to predict what will happen - as none of us have a crystal ball.  It literally could go any direction from cancellation to going ahead but with Viking Bubble, to going ahead but missing port stops in certain countries, to having countries imposed onerous quarantine rules on negatively test passengers just for being a same bus as a positive person (see Iceland cruises).

Feelings can run the gamut as well - and likely won't help you in your decision on whether to cancel or go ahead.  We are on the Viking Sea Nov 22 out of Rome and since we missed the basically no penalty cancellation date 120 days ahead, at this point we might as well wait until 14 days ahead to cancel.

I personally think the ship will go ahead, but under conditions that we don't want to travel in.  Just my feelings.  If the same holds true in November as it is today, we will cancel and move on and take the voucher.

• Like 1

We are on that itinerary, actually getting on the ship on Nov 1st in Barcelona. As well, we are watching and waiting. The excursions for your part of the trip just loaded into NVM today.  I am debating booking optional excursions, as they open for us on Monday.

it just seems like things are getting to the he point it is taking all of the joy and excitement out of traveling.

It is making me worry I will miss some  email, survey, form or test and not be allowed to board.

is this all worth it?

if conditions don't get better will probably wait to see what Viking does and cancel at 14 days. 

Kimberly & Phil

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hersheyhughes said:

We are on that itinerary, actually getting on the ship on Nov 1st in Barcelona. As well, we are watching and waiting. The excursions for your part of the trip just loaded into NVM today.  I am debating booking optional excursions, as they open for us on Monday.

it just seems like things are getting to the he point it is taking all of the joy and excitement out of traveling.

It is making me worry I will miss some  email, survey, form or test and not be allowed to board.

is this all worth it?

if conditions don't get better will probably wait to see what Viking does and cancel at 14 days. 

Kimberly & Phil

On this cruise also.  They've been loaded in My Viking for awhile but can't book them yet.  Are you saying you can book them in your viking journey?

Excursions are available for booking through MVJ a number of days prior to the cruise, depending on your cabin category. For example, I was able to book the excursions for my October 12 cruise on Jupiter about a week ago (I'm in a DV cabin). 

We can book tomorrow.  We booked a Nov 1-15 Med Antiquities cruise which I later found out is made up of 2 cruises. So for us, we get on the ship on Nov 1st.  The excursions for the first half of trip have been on MVJ for a couple of months.

The excursions for the 2nd half of the trip just popped in on Saturday. I am scrambling to figure out what to book.

Still trying to figure out why none listed for Rome, maybe because we are picking up and dropping off passengers on that day.

Another call to Viking. I know they will be glad when I can finally take a cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hersheyhughes said:

Still trying to figure out why none listed for Rome, maybe because we are picking up and dropping off passengers on that day.

Because one cruise ends in Rome and another cruise begins there the same day, there is not a full day available for excursions.  If there was an overnight in Rome, then you would probably see excursions.

Edited by JeriGail
Typo