Disabled child on board Anthem of the Seas

On 9/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, chengkp75 said:

Well, as usual with the information given by customer service reps at all lines, some is correct, and some is not.  The correct part is that a ship sailing in Europe, and I don't know how Brexit changed this for the UK, sails under the EU's ShipSan program, and they do not require separate recreational water facilities for those not toilet trained.

I'm glad your daughter was able to swim on your cruise, I am just pointing out that this will not be a universal situation, and that the information you were given is incorrect, should you try to use it to justify her inclusion on another occasion. I don't want you or her to be disappointed.

I have worked for NCL, and been the point man for transitioning a foreign flag ship (where the ADA does not fully apply) to a US flag ship (where the ADA does fully apply), so I have been down this route before.

Thanks for your insight - its really useful. Never suspected it word be a universal situation however given we don't cruise out of any ports other than UK, its been useful to understand what the difference are. We also really understand why Royal have one set of published rules to avoid confusion but am glad that they will confirming the more relaxed version where possible / appropriate to do so.

Interesting also to hear that some of the information we were given was not 100% correct.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:31 AM, maria1122 said:

All bathrooms On the Anthem have a handicapped stall in it.

So we now realise... but not all cruise ships are as accommodating. When travelling with a disabled child (or an adult), you are constantly trying to predict what problems may arise and how to solve them.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, Cigar King said:

Actually I find that chengkp75, seems to know the straight dope.  That beings said, what matters is what happens on the ship, and that's likely a variable.  

So it may be, but we don't want to upset anyone or get into trouble. Unlike the idiots who were trying to argue with the crew that wearing a mask on one ear counts as complying with the Covid rules as 'i'm wearing it'!

• Like 1