Cancelling bus excursions due to fear of quarantine?????

jdlg4silb

11 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

We experienced the same issues with moderately large contingents not wanting to use masks on our Bermuda cruise.  Seemed to happen the most in the Explorer's Lounge, where large groups (8-16) pulled the chairs and tables together and were having a great time before dinner - as if there were no rules.   We also had quite a number of people throughout the ship who did the glass of water in front of them (without drinking it), so they could have masks off and talk with the others sitting next to them.

In the Star theatre, it was not so good either, as large groups would sit in a row and take off the dividers and X's that marked don't sit here, so they could have their huge groups together.  Sometimes it seemed like 2019.  Viking did make constant announcements over the speakers, but many people seemed to ignore them.  Like in our daily society, it does become a delicate issue on how much to escalate things, as you know there can be bad reactions, especially after alcohol is involved.

And if you comment on it on  a certain site, that  administrator immediately closes all further comments.  

5 hours ago, friendlyfifer said:

UK passengers are not perfect but I suspect they are far more compliant than Americans.

Yes, agree completely.  The fiercely independent American is good in some ways, but bad in the case of their compliance with masks and social distancing.  From an American!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just got off the Jupiter in Iceland on Tuesday.  Only saw a few instances of people who were unaware that the nose is part of the sinus system.  🙂   Everyone on the bus tours seemed really good about wearing their masks, even when we were outside exploring with no one else around (granted, there were a couple of instances where the masks added a bit of warmth, so we were happy to have them on!).   On the ship, you would occasionally see someone get up from their table without a mask, but in most cases you would see them go Oh! and grab it and put it on.  I happened to see one lady in the restroom outside of the restaurant who, when she looked in the mirror and realized she didn't have her mask on, said "OH!  I don't have my mask on!  I'm sorry! I left it at the table"  and proceeded to cover her nose and mouth with one of the cloths Viking has in there iso paper towels. It was actually a little funny.  Everyone seemed to be very conscientious about it. We felt VERY safe.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

Just got off the Jupiter in Iceland on Tuesday.  Only saw a few instances of people who were unaware that the nose is part of the sinus system.  🙂   Everyone on the bus tours seemed really good about wearing their masks, even when we were outside exploring with no one else around (granted, there were a couple of instances where the masks added a bit of warmth, so we were happy to have them on!).   On the ship, you would occasionally see someone get up from their table without a mask, but in most cases you would see them go Oh! and grab it and put it on.  I happened to see one lady in the restroom outside of the restaurant who, when she looked in the mirror and realized she didn't have her mask on, said "OH!  I don't have my mask on!  I'm sorry! I left it at the table"  and proceeded to cover her nose and mouth with one of the cloths Viking has in there iso paper towels. It was actually a little funny.  Everyone seemed to be very conscientious about it. We felt VERY safe.

I agree!  Everyone was really good about wearing masks - both on excursions and just wandering around the ship.  Maybe that's why we didn't hear of any positive cases.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Our experience on the 8/23 Venus Malta cruise was everyone wore masks, social distanced, and excursions had very few people on a socially distanced bus. No problems that we could see or heard of whatsoever! 

• Like 1