Visa for World Cruises

hapzfl

I just looked at our 2023 WC invoice and we will need a visa from the following counties:

Australia

Vietnam

Ghana

India

Mozambique

Like Jimmcdaniel, we have international travel planned through the middle of October, 2022.

The last time I looked, I thought we might need to submit our passports for the Mozambique visa, but I’m hoping not.

Regent finally responded to my email via our Travel Agency:

"At this point it is too early to advise on these requirements. Due to the current global health situation we are not even sure how visas will be handled for the 2022 world cruise...

I can say that at this time India is the only visa on this WC where the guests would need to send in their physical passports. At the moment India offers an evisa option, but their entry into India might be too late in the cruise to process this type. These requirements could change by 2023.

It is recommended the guest contact visas central as they can possibly provide them with more clarity regarding current processing times, but they are as facing the same situation we are as things are up in the air at the moment."

I also contacted Visa Central but their reply did not address my questions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hapzfl said:

"At this point it is too early to advise on these requirements. Due to the current global health situation we are not even sure how visas will be handled for the 2022 world cruise...

I can say that at this time India is the only visa on this WC where the guests would need to send in their physical passports. At the moment India offers an evisa option, but their entry into India might be too late in the cruise to process this type. These requirements could change by 2023.

It is recommended the guest contact visas central as they can possibly provide them with more clarity regarding current processing times, but they are as facing the same situation we are as things are up in the air at the moment."

Part of the issue is that there is virtually no chance the 2022 WC will follow the scheduled itinerary...my personal belief is that it will be cancelled.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hapzfl said:

India is not on the itinerary in 2022, so it is a moot point.

29 minutes ago, BBWC said:

India is not on the itinerary in 2022, so it is a moot point.

Moot for WC22 but not 23. I dug up an e-visa I got for India on a land trip in 2018 (and yes, I realize things change) and it was good at 25 land border points and 5 sea ports including all the ports Regent uses. It was good for 60 days from the first entry. The only hitch I see was my e-visa was good for 2 entries (we did a side trip to Nepal and returned to India) so I don’t know how that works for a cruise ship that has multiple stops in India without visiting other countries in between. There was a limit on how long before you used the visa you could apply for it. Seems like it was 90 or maybe 120 days.  

7 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

The only hitch I see was my e-visa was good for 2 entries (we did a side trip to Nepal and returned to India) so I don’t know how that works for a cruise ship that has multiple stops in India without visiting other countries in between

We were in India in 2019 with Regent, with 5 or 6 stops. Only one e-visa was required. We went through immigration on the first stop (Mumbai), then all other stops we just walked off the ship with no doc checks.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We are considering doing a part of the 2022 WC from Cape Town to Singapore and we have a hold on a suite.  However, I just now checked the requirements for an Indian visa and discovered that at the moment ,visitors to India are not allowed and they don't know when this will change. They said we can apply for a visa online now but they can't say how long it will be before India allows tourists again. I've asked to be informed when this changes but for now, we cannot book this cruise.😥