Aug 15-22 On Allure - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

17 minutes ago, gauchotex said:

Thanks... We're scheduled to be on a 2BR ATS in October, and given the current protocols seriously considering whether to bring our 3.5 year old, or even cancel. I know it's only been a day since y'all boarded, but how has the experience been so far with unvaccinated kids?

Thanks for the insights!

Mike

Not a problem at all. Our grandkids are 9 and almost 4. We were in the pool area all morning. No masks there. The kids are fine wearing them when they need to. Everyone seems to be abiding by the rules. About 1700 on board, 200ish under 12. 

The kids don’t need a mid-cruise test. The only time that seemed “different” was waiting for the test results before boarding. 

Good thing about the 2BR ATS is that it’s big enough to spend time in and any meal you want can be delivered from any restaurant.

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you sit at the bar in Central Park the Pub and the Schooner bar or is it only table service?

Oddly enough the only bar we have found you can’t sit at is the one in the suite lounge!!!

The pub, Central Park, scooners, etc all let you belly up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks for doing this!  How is the dancing and late night parties?  Specifically Boleros and Dazzles?  Are these venues hoping or totally dead?

Dazzles is a challenge with the social distance seating. Karaoke last night was a small audience because of the seating situation and it didn’t look like the second floor was open. 

Boleros was popin last night for sure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Thank you for doing this. We will be boarding this beautiful lady next Sunday. There had been post last week that mask were now required by everyone everywhere vaccinated venues included. Can you verify is this is factual?  I am hoping I misread or misinterpreted what the poster said. 

Also,  i read the sad report of mechanical problems in the Aqua Theater. If you hear any updated on when the show will resume ( hoping next week), please share. 

Enjoy your "return to sailing"

Virginia Lea

AQUATHEATER IS UP AND RUNNING!!!

Announced today it’s a go for day 5 and 6 - and they were practicing today!

Yea - masks anywhere indoors when in transit. If you are in a “v lounge” it’s vaccinated- and masks can come off. I’ll post a list of the vaccinated places later when CC isn’t being broken like it has been on and off all day. 

there is a list on the RCL site as well if the vaccinated only venues. 

outside masks are not required. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, jalves said:

Curious about how things are in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.  Busy?  Food as good as in the past?  

We will be in a loft suite on the Allure at the end of October.

Day 1 the lounge and CC are always crazy. Same this time. Day 2 things have chilled out a lot. seems about the same as every other cruise honestly. 
food has been great so far!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fishpick said:

Day 1 the lounge and CC are always crazy. Same this time. Day 2 things have chilled out a lot. seems about the same as every other cruise honestly. 
food has been great so far!

Was it easier to get a table at Coastal Kitchen at a later time?  We and our traveling companions are in Junior Suites and always as for 8 PM.  When we've gone up to the CK Reservation Desk, we have found that the earlier times are much more popular.  

Also two other CK questions:

• Can a party of 4 (with linked dining reservations) sit together?
  • Has the seating capacity been reduced?  

7 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

• Can a party of 4 (with linked dining reservations) sit together?

I concur on this question! We are traveling with another couple and are all linked up. Want to make sure we can eat together...

7 hours ago, Deez123 said:

WOW.  Pretty crappy RCL.   This is an advertised "perk" and a good reason why we book suites; too many bad experiences boarding previously.   I won't what other surprises RCL has in store. 

Where Have you been  for the last year...we're currently undergoing a global pandemic...yeah nothing's quite the same....anywhere.  You'll get used to it.😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahoy!  We are so happy to hear that you are cruising!

My fella and I will be on the Allure on January 8, 2022.  It will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise!  We are platinum on Carnival and thought it was time to try out the competition.  It is exciting to think about all the amazing things to do on board.  Although we are only in our 50's, we prefer partaking in the less-strenuous activities these days. We really enjoy playing trivia games and parlor games with our cruise-mates.  Our only experience is with Carnival, and they kept us busy most of the day with the amount of fun to be had. I hope to learn that the Allure has similar fun events for the non-surfing sect like us!  Can you tell us what types of trivia and  games are scheduled on board?  Or perhaps you can post some cruise compass'? Thank you so much, and I hope you are having a blast, and staying safe!

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can you sit at the bar in Central Park the Pub and the Schooner bar or is it only table service?

You can sit at the bar at the schooner but not in central park. They put high top tables very close to that bar.

• Like 1

Since you are on deck 17, please run in and order a beer, wine or soda when you are not eating in CK and Not during the cocktail Hours. 
If they say no:
Ask if you can pay for it?  (I’m not asking you to pay). Just want the answer. 

Im trying to see if they are denying what has always been for the SL. 
If they will let you pay, but not give it for free, I want to be aware as I have a cabin on Deck 17 in September. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Since you are on deck 17, please run in and order a beer, wine or soda when you are not eating in CK and Not during the cocktail Hours. 
If they say no:

If they will let you pay, but not give it for free, I want to be aware as I have a cabin on Deck 17 in September. 

Watching for an answer on this suggestion.  Thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

If they say no:

We were there at 3 today and got a beer from bar in SL- no charge. Same as has always been. 
Also got a bottle of water earlier in day as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fargin' Bastage said:

Ahoy!  We are so happy to hear that you are cruising!

My fella and I will be on the Allure on January 8, 2022.  It will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise!  We are platinum on Carnival and thought it was time to try out the competition.  It is exciting to think about all the amazing things to do on board.  Although we are only in our 50's, we prefer partaking in the less-strenuous activities these days. We really enjoy playing trivia games and parlor games with our cruise-mates.  Our only experience is with Carnival, and they kept us busy most of the day with the amount of fun to be had. I hope to learn that the Allure has similar fun events for the non-surfing sect like us!  Can you tell us what types of trivia and  games are scheduled on board?  Or perhaps you can post some cruise compass'? Thank you so much, and I hope you are having a blast, and staying safe!

We will likely post compasses when we are back home and not in vacation mode.  Nice to not be on phones as much!

3 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on all accounts.  So glad y'all will get to see that amazing show. These answers just put a pep in my step.  Thank you for taking time to answer. Have a great evening. Hope your weather hasn't been bad.  

Had perfect weather today!  Honestly the perfect sea day!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, gauchotex said:

Thanks... We're scheduled to be on a 2BR ATS in October, and given the current protocols seriously considering whether to bring our 3.5 year old, or even cancel. I know it's only been a day since y'all boarded, but how has the experience been so far with unvaccinated kids?

Thanks for the insights!

Mike

No kids with us so hard to answer.  I’ve seen kids on board and personally wondered why Royal didn’t wait on bringing in kids until they had all the rest up and running without unvaccinated kids added to mix. But that’s just my own two cents …

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

We were there at 3 today and got a beer from bar in SL- no charge. Same as has always been. 
Also got a bottle of water earlier in day as well

Thank you so much. 
Excellent news. No need to write MB over this concern.  
The soda and water from 11-11 is important to me.