Has anyone stayed in Cabin M2202 on the Victory?

cruisin'isbest

We are leaving in 3 days, and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin. On previous cruises, we've stayed on the Riviera Deck, in the middle of the ship. One time we were in the very back of the ship. Both of these locations were just fine. This is our first time to stay in the front, and it's the very first room.

No reason to worry about it now! Go with the flow...you will not be spending much time in your cabin anyway. You can always see the purser's desk and ask if there are other cabins in your Cat. or even upgrades available. Never hurts to ask with a smile. :) Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Since no one answered my question (sorry coho ken - you didn't tell me what I wanted to hear - you must have known what I'm getting ready to say here), I'll answer the question myself now.

We returned from our cruise Sunday (just 3 days ago), and this cabin was great as far as the configuration goes. Very roomy, and a perfect layout for 2 people who are just roommates. Not so great for a husband/wife, but we reserved a 1A. You opened the door to an open area, with a sofa bed on the right and three closets on the left. Directly in front of you were the drawers, mirror, and TV. As you walk in past the closets, you would take a left, and there was more open floor area, with the bathroom on the left, and in front of you, the other bed, which fit into a space that actually went to the right some. There was another closet next to that bed, with some drawers at the foot of the bed. It was like an L-shaped room with an added extension at the top. I liked the fact that the bathroom was not immediately in the hallway as you walk in, like you find in most of the cabins. We were very impressed, until . . . . time to go to bed. We had 3 nights of no sleep. We kept hearing through the night horrible banging noises, like explosions, that would be very loud and some even shook the bed. My sister and her family had the same first two cabins on the other side of the ship, and they experienced the same thing. The first night this happened I called the purser's desk. After telling the person what cabin we were in, he immediately told me it was from the waves hitting the ship. I just couldn't believe that waves could make such a noise, because it didn't sound like waves. It sounded like these noises were coming from within the hull of the ship, not from the outside. That explanation still did not help the situation. Even after finding out what was causing it, we still couldn't sleep. The first time we heard it, I was afraid that something had exploded. So fear was a factor the first night; the other nights it was just plain aggravation. Now, I know that you can hear noises in other parts of the ship, like creaking noises, or an occasional bang. But this was just awful. These banging noises would last for 3-4 hours. We made comments on the Comment Card that some sort of signage needs to be placed in those lower, forward cabins, that explains what the noise is, and that the cruise websites should let you know what to expect in these cabins. Also, they should be discounted even more, because it was a pain having to listen to that all night long.

Other than that, we loved the Victory. It was our first time sailing on one of the larger vessels, and even though we had 3,100 people on board, the lines were never too long anywhere. Embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. The quickest boarding and leaving we've experienced so far.

Well...going with the flow didn't seem to work.

Was the ship sold out? If not, I would have tried to get assigned a new cabin...and tried like heck! Me and the purser would have been on first name basis. Did you try to switch cabins?

Archived