Green Pass requirement for Italian excursions?

CelebrationFamily

So since only Italians can get a Green Pass, and several excursions now require a Green Pass, can I assume that Italy and MSC will accept CDC vaccination cards for Americans traveling on MSC? Sorry in advance  if this is obvious...but it is clear as mud to me. Thanks for the help! I'm scheduled to cruise on Seashore in 40 days! 😄🤪

A confused Dane here: What is a Green Pass?

The same as our "EU Covid Certificate"? (Which is a proof of vaccination and/or test and/or previous infection)

Or is it the "EU Covid Certificate" that is the Green Pass?

Edited by ditmar2007

2 hours ago, ditmar2007 said:

A confused Dane here: What is a Green Pass?

The same as our "EU Covid Certificate"? (Which is a proof of vaccination and/or test and/or previous infection)

Or is it the "EU Covid Certificate" that is the Green Pass?

The Green pass is an extension of the EU’s digital Covid certificate and is required to be served indoors at restaurants and to enter stadiums, museums, theatres, cinemas, exhibition centres, swimming pools and gyms.

@CelebrationFamily I don't know what MSCs policy on this is but I believe from what I have read the US CDC card will be taken as an alternative for the Green Pass in Italy.

https://anamericaninrome.com/wp/2021/08/how-to-get-italys-green-pass-for-tourism-and-lesuire/

Thanks for the replies! I've also read that Italy will accept our US CDC cards as a Green Pass. MSC, however, suddenly mentions only the Italian Green Pass as a requirement on several of their excursions for my cruise. I don't see a disclaimer from them that other cards will be accepted (although I assume they will!) 🤔

1 minute ago, CelebrationFamily said:

Thanks for the replies! I've also read that Italy will accept our US CDC cards as a Green Pass. MSC, however, suddenly mentions only the Italian Green Pass as a requirement on several of their excursions for my cruise. I don't see a disclaimer from them that other cards will be accepted (although I assume they will!) 🤔

Since MSC is an Italian line and several of their ships call at Italian ports, it's just easier to say "Green Pass" because otherwise they'd have to mention all of the equivalent passes issued by all of the European countries their guests come from, in addition to US citizens. It's just easier that way. Don't worry.

• Like 2