Saskatchewan Allowing Third Doses

tert333

Have the cruise lines (fda, cdc...whoever) not defined a time frame between Pfizer (or Moderna) doses? I got AZ as my first then Pfizer as my second. I'm at 63 days since my Pfizer. Even if I get a 3rd right now I don't think it would help me because I'll still be denied travel because of time between two Pfizer shots.

Interesting. I've emailed (again). I am hopeful given the 3rd doses Ontario is doing for some, and the fact they have opened it up to all kids born in 2009 (based on results in Alberta and BC). Hopefully they will take it seriously.

I'd suggest adding Christine Elliott to the MPP as well, she's the Minister of Health for Ontario and where my initial letter was forwarded by my MPP, so I cut the middle man and sent another letter to both.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

Have the cruise lines (fda, cdc...whoever) not defined a time frame between Pfizer (or Moderna) doses? I got AZ as my first then Pfizer as my second. I'm at 63 days since my Pfizer. Even if I get a 3rd right now I don't think it would help me because I'll still be denied travel because of time between two Pfizer shots.

I believe for most of the cruise lines if they are the same vaccine the timing is not an issue. If one is Pfizer and one Moderna then it is. But I do understand where you are coming from because I am in the same position. I'd prefer to get it all settled sooner than later so I can feel comfortable with my March bookings. I haven't booked excursions or anything else because I'm afraid we'll have to cancel and my money will be tied up while they sort out the refunds for those. 😞

• Like 1

It's so confusing as different cruise lines have interpreted CDC rules differently.

I know that Carnival does not state an interval limit between doses, as long as it's Pfizer/Pfizer, Moderna/Moderna, or Pfizer/Moderna OR Moderna/Pfizer.

I wrote to Christine Elliott and did not receive a response. I also wrote to my MPP (Merilee Fullerton) without a response. Doug Ford responded and said "we need a two dose summer blahblahblah".

I'm booked with Carnival and their November/December protocols will be announced next week. Thats good because my final payment isn't due until Sept 27th.

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do. My annoyance as of today is based on the added cost to enter the US ($40 X 2) and enter Canada ($199 X 2). Right now the $150 fee (plus $160 since I'll need a PCR test, not antigen test) that Carnival will charge me to be "unvaccinated" is not even a concern for me.

4 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

It's so confusing as different cruise lines have interpreted CDC rules differently.

I know that Carnival does not state an interval limit between doses, as long as it's Pfizer/Pfizer, Moderna/Moderna, or Pfizer/Moderna OR Moderna/Pfizer.

I wrote to Christine Elliott and did not receive a response. I also wrote to my MPP (Merilee Fullerton) without a response. Doug Ford responded and said "we need a two dose summer blahblahblah".

I'm booked with Carnival and their November/December protocols will be announced next week. Thats good because my final payment isn't due until Sept 27th.

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do. My annoyance as of today is based on the added cost to enter the US ($40 X 2) and enter Canada ($199 X 2). Right now the $150 fee (plus $160 since I'll need a PCR test, not antigen test) that Carnival will charge me to be "unvaccinated" is not even a concern for me.

I hope it works out for you and that they consider you vaccinated.  You’ll have to apply to be accepted as an unvaccinated guest, otherwise.  Have you found cruise insurance to cover your trip?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, soccersharon said:

I hope it works out for you and that they consider you vaccinated.  You’ll have to apply to be accepted as an unvaccinated guest, otherwise.  Have you found cruise insurance to cover your trip?

I doubt they will consider me vaccinated. I have lost hope on that one.

With Carnival to be unvaccinated you pay $150 to get tested before you board and before you leave. You also might have to self isolate if you come into contact with someone with Covid and have insurance.

There were other rules (masking mainly) but now everyone has to wear masks inside so not a big deal.

I have insurance through OTIP (Ontario Teacher's Insurance Plan). I'm covered for 5 million dollars per person for lifetime (evacuation from cruise ships, medical care out of country,drugs, transportation back home, etc.) The issue is that my insurance company has "suggested" I don't travel as long as Canada has a ban on non essential travel and cruise ship travel.

28 minutes ago, soccersharon said:

Looks like policy's are changing again.  Celebrity has now announced that ALL passengers over the age of 12 MUST be vaccinated.  Can't sail unvaccinated anymore unless your under 12 yrs old.

• Like 2