Jewel AB Penthouse Question

SCAN747

Were you guys in an AB Penthouse on 14? I thought that deck was only Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas? Just curious!

Do you mean me?, I can never get the codes right. We stayed in a Courtyard Villa I think it was the Passion Flower Suite, 14512. It was fabulous. I did get to tour the Garden Villa and talk about Posh. From what I understand the Villas are pretty much the same as the Penthouses on decks 9 and 10 at least some of the layout is

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone! Was just reading your posts and wondering if I could ask a few questions?? We are cruising on the Jewel in an AB suite on the 14th deck, and am travelling with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Can a pack n play and bed fit in that second bedroom? Does anyone know what kind of pack n play or crib they give you?? Also, what does the butler service entail? Definitely want to use it all the perks you get with this room! Had no idea about the phone, so excited! Thanks!:)

I forgot, I am also wondering how much control you have over the temperature in the cabin, and if there are different zones...Both of my kids are too young for blankets and I dont know if I should pack fleecy winter pajamas, summer pajamas, or both!! Thanks again!

I forgot, I am also wondering how much control you have over the temperature in the cabin, and if there are different zones...Both of my kids are too young for blankets and I dont know if I should pack fleecy winter pajamas, summer pajamas, or both!! Thanks again!

I can help with this one. There should be at least four temp controls in the suite, one each for the main bedroom, main bath, living room, and kids' bedroom. So you can make that small bedroom as cozy as you want.

Not sure how you would fit a pack and play in the kids' room with the bottom bed folded out - have never used one on board so don't know how big they are, but there isn't a lot of extra space once the bed is pulled out. I am sure the steward will have ideas as he will have dealt with this in the past...

Robin

I jsut wanted tor espond to a couple of inquiries. Our family was in an AB suite last year on the Jewel.

First, the suite actually holds six people. Indeed the small bedroom has a couch that makes a full bed, and an overhead berth. Three can sleep in this room and it has a private bath. The beds are reasonably comfortable. We requested an egg crate for the pull out couch and it was quite comfortable. Someone mentioned that three adults would not fit. Well, this depends I guess on their expectations and size. But we had three college kids (girls), all quite tall, in that room. Indeed as someone noted, if you are going to have the couch bed pulled out, then there is not room for a pack and play. You could have the pack and play and then the upper berth used for sleeping. It is a very small room, but it has a lot of storage, and our girls had no issues.

No one has mentioned the sofa bed in the living room area. Certainly it is not ideal to have someone sleeping here, but it is the msot comfortable bed. It is not a regular pull-out couch. I had never seen one like it. but they make it into a twin bed and it is very comfortable. My 6 foot 2 inch son slept in this bed and loved it. Incidetally, the pack and play would fit easily in this room--even if someone is sleeping on that couch as it does not actually pull out in the way of most couch-beds.

Finally, the master bedroom is just stunning!! Full of surprises and that beautiful bathtub--do be sure to take a bath while at sea--you will feel like you are floating over the ocean.

Good info on the phones has already been provided, and yes I concur, the heat zones are separate.

And yes--if you were counting we had SIX people--LOL--in our suite.

Hope this has been helpful.

Hoping I can add a little and clarify some things.. the cabin codes change in May. Lioness318 if your are on Deck 14 it is a courtyard villa A3. The AB is a 2 bedroom not in the Courtyard. You will love it! All of the 14th floor rooms are courtyard villas except for 2 which are the drop dead Garden Villas. 14512 is an A3 Courtyard Villa on the Jewel. The only difference between the AB and the A3 is the Courtyard.

The beds in the smaller second bedroom in both the A3 and AB can be covered with egg crates and blankets by your room steward to make them as comfy as you need. There is a temperature control in the Master bedroom, smaller bedroom, living room and master bathroom area for the area right above the tub and outside the shower as Robin stated.

The phone you get to carry around is like a small compact cordless and the best part of it is if you dial 8088 Adrian the best Concierge on earth answers it! You will find him even calling you during the day to see if you need anything. He is on the Jewel until mid may then goes on vacation we cruised the Jewel in January and again in March because of Adrian, Juremar (Courtyard Butler ) and the rest of the crew. Enjoy your cruises!

Andrea

Thank you everyone for the information! My 3 year old definitely would not sleep in a top bunk, but maybe he can sleep on the bed not pulled out?? The said they are giving us safety rail for the bed and pack and play, so I guess they will know the best way to set that up. Like you said, we can always put the pack n play in the living room if worse comes to worst, but I hope that doesnt happen! Also, is there a TV or radio in that bedroom, or a DVD player?? My kids are used to falling asleep with either music or TV, so trying to plan for that...

Oh, and we are on the 11th deck, not the 14th, that was mistake, so I believe its correct that we are in an AB!!

Wondering if I could ask you all one more question...Will I have any trouble taking food/formula/snacks for the kids on and off the boat?? Also, I am guessing that the soda machines dont have milk, and my kids are both big milk drinkers, so I am wondering where I will be able to get it??

Thank you so much for your time answering my questions!! I really appreciate it!!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=lioness318&date=4-10-2011&text=Can[/urlay!&ship=Norwegian Jewel]

Regarding milk--you can get plenty of milk at the buffets. There actually is a part of the large buffet that is designated especially for children--it has like mac cheese, chicken fingers, speghetti, meatballs etc.--foods that children tend to like.

However, your butler can get you milk to keep in your fridge--you can order room service any time you need milk (the butler handles your room service), but it is easier just to let him know and he will put milk in your fridge.

Regarding carrying food on and off the ship--in general they don't allow it UNLESS it is sealed up. Like you can't talke a sandwich or fruit off the ship ashore. Snacks in sealed bags or jars I think would be fine. If formula is in sealed bottle it would be okay. Maybe folks have had luck with regular bottles--but I'm not sure i would count on it. Maybe some others can weigh in on that.

Our kids had ipods that plug into a small speaker set--we travel with those so I am not aware of whether there was a radio or anything available in the smaller bedroom.

Thank you everyone for the information! My 3 year old definitely would not sleep in a top bunk, but maybe he can sleep on the bed not pulled out?? The said they are giving us safety rail for the bed and pack and play, so I guess they will know the best way to set that up. Like you said, we can always put the pack n play in the living room if worse comes to worst, but I hope that doesnt happen! Also, is there a TV or radio in that bedroom, or a DVD player?? My kids are used to falling asleep with either music or TV, so trying to plan for that...

They definitely have a small TV in the second bedroom, so no problem there. It might very well be possible that the steward could make up the sofa into a bed without opening it, especially with a safety rail - that might be the way to go.

Robin

Thanks everyone again for all the great information!! Yes, my daughter drinks mostly milk, but I was planning on bringing some bottles of formula just in case. Hoping they wouldnt steal her bottle of milk, but I guess you never know! I am adding my ipod docking station to my packing list just in case!

Sorry to be a bother, but can anyone tell me about the noise levels in the rooms?? Do I have to worry about noise from other cabins or nightclubs or anything?? I seem to remember the rooms being pretty quiet, but its been 8 years since I've been on a cruise!

Thanks again so much for everyone's time!

Thanks everyone again for all the great information!! Yes, my daughter drinks mostly milk, but I was planning on bringing some bottles of formula just in case. Hoping they wouldnt steal her bottle of milk, but I guess you never know! I am adding my ipod docking station to my packing list just in case!

Sorry to be a bother, but can anyone tell me about the noise levels in the rooms?? Do I have to worry about noise from other cabins or nightclubs or anything?? I seem to remember the rooms being pretty quiet, but its been 8 years since I've been on a cruise!

You will not hear noise you will have the best time and let Adrian (the Concierge) spoil you and your family. Tell him Andrea says hi! You will love him.

Thanks again Mommyto2girls!! Yes, we are so excited! I'll tell Adrian if we have him too that you said HI! By the way, I grew up in Ridgefield Park and my husband in Cliffside Park, so we are from your area, but we live in Ringwood now!

Doublecheck your cabin selection and change if you want: For the quietest rooms, stay under the library, card room, lifestyle room, or spa treatment rooms. Avoid being directly under the gym if at all possible, and avoid being directly under the pool deck if possible, but this isn't as bad as the gym.. You are generally great in almost all rooms starboard side, and the fowardmost cabin on the port side. The most aft ones on both sides will be under the pool deck, but we never really noticed much noise other than mid-late morning and early evening when they are setting up/ clearing loungers. The port cabins under the gym may get a bit noisy very early in the morning when people are on the treadmills or perhaps dropping free weights, but are usually quiet in the evenings. No matter what, noise is not usually too bad.

Robin

Hi,

I will be in the SF Aft penthouse suite (formerly romance suite) on the Jewel in Oct and on the Dawn next Feb.

Does anyone know if they have the "bat phones".

Would they be in the room when we arrive or do you have to ask for them?

Thanks

Lois

Note that you can also sleep 1 person on the sofa in the living room too

The Butler is happy to make this up for you each day and put it away again

The bathroom in the 2nd bedroom is a good size and but note that room does not have a window at all - it is like being in a small inside cabin

Thanks again Mommyto2girls!! Yes, we are so excited! I'll tell Adrian if we have him too that you said HI! By the way, I grew up in Ridgefield Park and my husband in Cliffside Park, so we are from your area, but we live in Ringwood now!

It will be Adrian he is the only concierge on board and is not going on vacation until May..then on to the Sky. We have truly bonded and we speak often I cannot believe what a small world it is. My co-worker in Fort Lee lives in Ringwood! He has a 3 or 4 year old boy (shame on me I am not sure) I am mommyto2girls but my girls are 27 and 28 already..I have been on these boards a long time. Adrian has a special place in my heart and my daughter Rachel's. My husband was even wowed by his personality!

Hi,

I will be in the SF Aft penthouse suite (formerly romance suite) on the Jewel in Oct and on the Dawn next Feb.

Thanks

Lois

Hi Lois, The SF suites do not have the phone.

Hi,

Thanks

Lois

When we stayed in an aft Romance Suite (AD) last year, there was one "bat phone" in the cabin.

Archived