Passports

penlady

If any of you are awaiting the return of a passport that is being renewed and waiting nervously to see if you received it in time for your date of travel I would like to share my experience with you. I sent in for a passport renewal my application was received July 2nd. at the passport office and I received my new passport today seven weeks later which is very good . And yet my Doctor is going on a cruise in two weeks and still waiting after 10 weeks for her Daughter's passport to arrive. I paid the extra $60.00 to have it expeditated which to me was a great choice and would recommend the service.

In my business career. I traveled frequently internationally, and having a current passport was critical. We use an expediting company several hundred dollars,  that would go the the passport agency, present the documents and wait for them to be completed. It usually took three to four days with Fedex overnight, but worth every penny.

When you have to go, you have to go. 

Well, I guess everyone does what they feel is best fort them all I know is this worked great for me I have no complaints about it taking seven weeks now can anyone advise me on Covid insurance? As for using an agency I work in the US Headquarters for one of the business companies in China and I have seen co workers use such agencies and I have seen them panic sometimes.

I just used a passport agency here in the Woodland's Texas  and paid the expediting fee and our new passports were returned in about 5 weeks. However, our old passports, which we needed for our China visas that hadn't expired, were not returned for another 3 weeks. We also use the same agency to acquire visas. So much easier and well worth the fees for us. They just know what they are doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did not use an agency and received my new passport 5 weeks after I sent it priority mail (and requested expedited processing). Glad to know about the time it took to receive the old passport, as mine also has a China visa that hasn't expired.