Where to get Covid test for Miami cruise departure?

swdke

Anyone getting their Covid test in Florida before the cruise?  We're flying in two days early on Friday morning for a Sunday cruise departure.  Since the test is only valid 72 hrs, and the day before our departure to Florida, West Palm Beach airport is Thanksgiving, that means we'll have to get our test done after we arrive on Friday morning.  Was wondering if anyone else might be in the same situation and where are you getting your test done?  If you live in Florida, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami areas, where do you recommend for getting the test?  Thanks!

35 minutes ago, swdke said:

If you live in Florida, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami areas, where do you recommend for getting the test? 

CVS in my area opens up rapid scheduling the day of the testing.  Be prepared that a lot of locations are drive-thru and will not administer the tests as a walk-up. I'd search their website to get familiar with the locations and what they require and plan to book as soon as the appointments open up that day.

But as the backup, I'd plan with someplace that takes appointments in advance and make the appointment.  These places tend to be the the ones that charge and don't accept insurance, but if everything else falls through at least you know you'd be able to get your test.  

Then as mentioned, there's the BinaxNOW Ag test that you could take from your hotel room via a supervised Zoom call.  Just make sure that you order the test from the right place. This isn't the same test you can buy in stores or off Amazon.

• Like 1

Yes, we're planning on testing once we're in Miami for the same reasons. My research  shows we can test at a CVS in Miami, making appointments on-line. Results back within one hour. The website said, with proof of insurance, the tests are usually free to people. 

7 hours ago, swdke said:

Since the test is only valid 72 hrs, and the day before our departure to Florida, West Palm Beach airport is Thanksgiving, that means we'll have to get our test done after we arrive on Friday morning.  

Most CVS and Walgreens pharmacies are open on Thanksgiving. I’d check well in advance, but you check your hometown pharmacy and see if they’ll do a rapid test on Thursday. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1