Flight schedule changes.

kimanjo

I know a lot/most of you take Silversea air, but for those who don't ( me), heads up. LOTS of schedule changes on Delta over the past 2 weeks.  Take a peek at your flights to make sure they don't need some attention.  Ours did.

Not just Delta.

Even before the pandemic I used to do a quick check of my flights pretty much every day (from buying to flying), it's even more necessary now.

If you catch a major schedule change and get on the phone pronto (before they send out an email to everyone),  I think you have a better chance of getting the alternative flights you prefer before they are full - can't say this for certain but it is my impression.

Edited by jollyjones

1 minute ago, jollyjones said:

Not just Delta.

Even before the pandemic I used to do a quick check of my flights pretty much every day (from buying to flying), it's even more necessary now.

I do too, always have.  But I understand a lot of people aren't as vigilant.

It's so in-flux, I actually have flights booked on BOTH AA and Delta, with miles for this trip. They are free redeposit. So, I just re-deposit the one I don't take.

3 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

It's so in-flux, I actually have flights booked on BOTH AA and Delta, with miles for this trip. They are free redeposit. So, I just re-deposit the one I don't take.

Ditto, I've done that for several cruises next year (only AA tho'), altho' closer to flight date I'll probably redeposit and buy with money if I need the EQMs to keep up my airline status.

Edited by jollyjones

1 hour ago, boccenana said:

First time we booked with Silversea Air. Hoping that's one thing off our worry list.

Example:

Our Delta flight from Santiago to Atlanta was a non-stop.  DL just turned it into a multi-stop.  Even if I booked with Silversea, it would't help, it's still not a nonstop.

Just a heads-up.  It's not just Delta.  I would be proactive and check your current flights, and check them often, and be prepared.

BA have just stitched me up  and cancelled my early morning LHR flight to Malta. I was leaving London at 06.15 and boarding the Viking cruises on the same day. (Something I never do.... but its all bubble apparently!!) I now fly (if on time) at 14.15 .... should arrive at the ship at 10.30pm..... missing lunch and dinner and the whole of day 1. Thanks BA.

Plus of course...... there is no recourse with PCR testing etc if that causes problems.