Anyone on Avalon, or any other line, on the Danube right now?

ljandgb

We leave in a week for our 21 day Prague to Bucharest Danube cruise.  I believe Avalon has one ship on that itinerary now.  I was wondering how covid related issues were going - masking, testing, transiting thru different countries, tours, etc.

I've been watching the Uniworld thread as well.

We fly thru London into Prague.  It seems American Airlines, England, the Czech Republic, and Avalon all have slightly different testing and paperwork requirements.  We're trying to make sure we catch all of them, as it would be tragic to miss our trip due to an administrative error.  

• Like 1

@KarenRiverawas on Avalon for the Romantic Rhine tour, she should be either home by now or on  her way home.  Here is a link to her thread with a few comments about protocols. 

I don't seem to remember anything about Avalon wanting testing, but different countries require different things.  I would assume Avalon would look after testing for that, you would only need testing to get into your countries you fly into.  Do you have a TA?  They should be able to double check that everything is good.  

Looking forward to hearing how things go, we are in the process of moving our May 2022 trip Bud - Prague to 2023.  Glad to be with Avalon as they have the Peace of Mind Plan.  Hopefully things will work out.

We are in Prague for 3 nights prior to going to the ship.  We connect through Frankfurt going to Prague.  As far as I see if you are fully vaccinated that is all that is required along with masks naturally.  Of course coming back to US we will need a negative covid test result.  We are traveling with my brother and sister in law.  

Great.  Was going to pass along a tip we got.  We were having a hard time getting the website to take the address, but got it working in the end.

We'll be meeting my husband's cousin in Budapest for the second half of the trip.