My Time Dining Question

Hi All, currently booked on Liberty of the Seas for October and I was in the Cruise Planner booking excursions today.   I thought I'd also just put in my My Time Dining Reservations while I'm at it.  Over the years, I've always booked My Time Dining, with reservations around 5-5:30 pm each night.  I've never had to do 1st or 2nd seating dinner times, nor have I really wanted to.

So when I went in today to book MTD, the earliest time available each night was 7-7:30 pm!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Just trying to figure out if everyone on my cruise has already taken up all the earlier times, or if the earlier times haven't opened yet or what's going on!?!

Also, can anyone tell me what time 1st and 2nd seating is for dinner each night?  Because if I have to wait 'til 7 each night for dinner, I'd assume 1st seating is earlier than that!!

Thanks for the help in advance...

It's possible that the earlier MTD slots have already been booked. I'd select the earliest time closest to your desired dining time to at least have a reservation and then show up a little early.  There are always cancelations and no-shows.

Good luck!

52 minutes ago, Den7Cruiser said:

Hi All, currently booked on Liberty of the Seas for October and I was in the Cruise Planner booking excursions today.   I thought I'd also just put in my My Time Dining Reservations while I'm at it.  Over the years, I've always booked My Time Dining, with reservations around 5-5:30 pm each night.  I've never had to do 1st or 2nd seating dinner times, nor have I really wanted to.

So when I went in today to book MTD, the earliest time available each night was 7-7:30 pm!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Just trying to figure out if everyone on my cruise has already taken up all the earlier times, or if the earlier times haven't opened yet or what's going on!?!

Also, can anyone tell me what time 1st and 2nd seating is for dinner each night?  Because if I have to wait 'til 7 each night for dinner, I'd assume 1st seating is earlier than that!!

Thanks for the help in advance...

I had the same issue with Freedom in September. It appears that, at least on Freedom, the main dining venue is being shared by Early dining (5:00-6:30) and My Time dining ( beginning at 6:45). It makes sense because those are both vaccinated only. We were able to snag some 7:00 slots.