Status Match Struggles

bundtkate

On 8/23/2021 at 3:00 AM, bundtkate said:

We're just RCI Gold so it's not like I'm matching to anything amazing, but every little bit counts and at this point I think I may just be being stubborn and refusing the admit defeat.

If you are RC Gold, you should not send the status match request because you can only get the status match between MSC and other company once and so you will stay at the Gold equivalent level forever, even if you advance to better status in RC. For example, my husband and I are emerald, but my husband is two points away from being  diamond. So I just sent my status match request for me and my husband will wait for the Diamond status to be sent, otherwise when he turn diamond in RC he couldn't  ask again. This is the information I was given 🙂

10 hours ago, framboesa said:

If you are RC Gold, you should not send the status match request because you can only get the status match between MSC and other company once and so you will stay at the Gold equivalent level forever, even if you advance to better status in RC. For example, my husband and I are emerald, but my husband is two points away from being  diamond. So I just sent my status match request for me and my husband will wait for the Diamond status to be sent, otherwise when he turn diamond in RC he couldn't  ask again. This is the information I was given 🙂

I was under the impression that if you do not cruise within 3 years that your status drops and you can resubmit a new status match? Maybe I read between the lines.  https://emmacruises.com/msc-status-match-2/

Edited by ISLABONITA

2 hours ago, ISLABONITA said:

I was under the impression that if you do not cruise within 3 years that your status drops and you can resubmit a new status match? Maybe I read between the lines.  https://emmacruises.com/msc-status-match-2/

The link posted may be out of date.

NCL Platinum no longer gets Black.   Black status mentioned in link was replaced 2 years ago with Diamond. NCL Platinum now  gets Gold.

CC has spreadsheet thread for those doing  status match to post levels and what MSC awarded for  match.

Status match can only be awarded once for MSC.

32 minutes ago, phissy said:

The link posted may be out of date.

NCL Platinum no longer gets Black.   Black status mentioned in link was replaced 2 years ago with Diamond. NCL Platinum now  gets Gold.

CC has spreadsheet thread for those doing  status match to post levels and what MSC awarded for  match.

Status match can only be awarded once for MSC.

thanks for the clarification... upon more research I did find it updated info as you posted.  Gold is good enough for me for a first time MSC cruiser though.

Edited by ISLABONITA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ISLABONITA said:

Maybe you are right!Things are changing quickly...I was just thinking that the gold status in RC is the same as the lower status in MSC; my parents never cruised MSC and already have the lower status just for the reservation...maybe it is different from country to country. By the way, submited my status match in june...3 months later, several e-mails and phone calls, no answer 😄