RCL Denies vaccinated and negative tested couple boarding

5 hours ago, Georgeny said:

There are so many things that are simply nonsensical in this world and in the world of cruising too. I recall having a Swiss Army knife in my carry on bag confiscated at port Baltimore one sailing. Had sailed with knife in carryon ( this is a pocket knife, you know scissor, screwdriver head type ) numerous times. However a new guy became Security Head and he had simply copied items list from airlines list. I advised that I failed to see the point of confiscating a pocket knife when boarding a ship full of steak knifes etc being constantly handed to me on board. No matter what is written is written. It was receipted and it was returned! It had sentimental value to me so was a real issue personally.

I have often ( I am retired from managing a total maximum security facility ) been walked through hundreds of metal detectors and frisked by wand and the ones that were actually set and working properly I could count on one hand. In the security business this is called security by bluff and BS. Sadly Covid testing requirements are much the same. You must provide an easily forged proof of vaccination. If you can't check a record against by a reliable, realtime, and secure database then written proof of anything is useless. That's just a fact not a criticism. 

How many years was a drivers license enough to do almost anything, yet in many states no proof of almost anything was required to get it in first place? That until Federal real ID license requirements which have still not been totally implemented I believe.

How many people that filled out the old " how are you today slips at embarkation " ( now being done day of sailing on RCL App ) answered yeah I have a fever feel like I am dying. Just flew across country to take this cruise but would like to be barred from taking it now because I woke up sneezing this morning.

Yes bluff and BS but as they say rules are rules.

George in NY

In the end, it is not rules, it's bureaucracy in its purest form (pretty much like in Russia where I'm from, Italy, and many other countries).  It becomes standard here now, too - a dangerous approach to a daily life.  I understand, however, all these talks are rhetorical.